Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 overheating, poor WiFi usage and battery life rubbish

Jenny202
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve had my iPhone 7 for 6 months, a few months ago it started being a bit funny with our home WiFi but I thought it was the WiFi box. Then it started getting super hot on the back when I was using it (different apps) so I got rid of them and redownloaded them, still gets hot. The battery life is awful, sometimes it’ll drop down 20% or so when it’s just in my pocket at work (nothing on except WiFi which is poor signal at work anyway). I went to an o2 guru today and he told me to find an Apple repair shop to sort it but there’s absolutely none near me with any appointments (I didn’t even know I needed an appointment until I checked out our local one near the o2 shop) Can’t o2 fix this for me? It’s only 6 months old on 24 month contract!! I only left it this late because of Covid thought I could try sorting it myself before taking it in a shop but I’ve tried all I can. I charge it during the day when it’s low and it’s nearly always on low power mode to try and get it through the day
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
@Jenny202 You may have a 24 month contract but the warranty on the phone is only 12 months. Make an appointment and take it to Apple. O2 repairs would probably send it to Apple anyway, so you may as well try to make your time shorter without your phone by doing it directly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93179 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 repairs will do a factory reset

You might want to back it up in iTunes and try that yourself first

Message 3 of 3