cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm due an upgrade in March. Currently got a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I'm looking to get my first ever iPhone, been looking at the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus but really not sure what to get.

Has anyone changed from Android to Apple and recommend it? Also is 32GB enough storage?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone changed from Android to Apple and recommend it? Also is 32GB enough storage?

I'm not a huge apple fan at all tbh and although I use both I would never pick apple over android.

Android technology is at least 2 years ahead of apple and way more versatile along with much more ability to personalise your phone.

32gb is fine if you don't keep much on your phone but without the ability to add an sd card you are stuck if you find it's not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also if you really want an iPhone 7 then visit your nearest Apple Store as they have all the iPhone stock
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought Apple was more advanced than Android. I have a 64GB S6 Edge and used 30GB so far so think 128GB may be best.

I have the 14 days grace period though so can always return it if the change doesn't go well.
Message 4 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

As MI5, I have both though the iPhone 5s is my first iPhone and my main phone now due to the incessent app updates on Android that drove me mad. Not to mention the last OS upgrade removed the features I loved the Moto X for. Ho hum. 

So the main thing for me was getting used to the way Apple wants you to think you should be using the phone. And after nearly a year using it I can't say I find it second nature and in that respect Android is better. Then again I personally think smart phones have become worse in usability to, like, make a phone call in one tap. 

The iPhone on the other hand has been stable compared to Android though web browsing is far superior using the default browsers on Android. Strangely now I have the iPhone, I can't be bothered anymore to upgrade or want any of the latest phones as it means more pain to unlearn the changes I'm used to.

Battery life is debatable though I have few apps and in respect, my recharge time is pretty good between charges. Bear in mind that I use it more for phone calls than apps, I'm very happy with the iPhone. Haven't put music on it because itunes is such a pain that I can't be bothered with it at the moment. Don't do streaming so it annoys me that you're expected to have a streaming account to play music by default even on Android.

Get the bigger storage version if you can else you can get iOS OTG storage. Music creation wise, connect up a guitar to an iphone and all the pain melts away but you suddenly want an iPad! Facetime is fantastic when you have relatives abroad. 

Now the question is would I buy another iPhone or Android and the answer is well, not exactly black & white. I miss a physical keyboard and the only company with one on the horizon is Blackberry running Android. Chances are I'll revert back to Android and save the money than buy a high end iPhone like the 7/7+ though I wouldn't say no to an iPhone SE. 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought Apple was more advanced than Android.

What led you to believe that?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I agree with @sheepdog that facetime is great, but that assumes the person you want to interract with also has an apple device. I still have skype on the iPhone to video call those on android.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7