cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 and connectivity

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

3 days ago I signed an upgrade contract with o2 for an iPhone 7. it runs on ios 10.3.2.

the lady at the store said it would take 24 hrs for the phone to connect to the network.

it has been 72 hours and though it shows service bars and the network provider, i still cannot make or receive calls or texts, nor does my mobile data show up. obviously this has been a massive convenience and is quite frankly unacceptable from o2.

i have trawled through the internet for remedies though nothing works, i shall go to the store tomorrow to see why they are so incompetent.

in the mean time, any suggestions?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it an upgrade like you said try your old sim card in the phone as I did an upgrade to s8+ and sent new sim I just popped the old one I had in
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If it's showing a network connection the sim must be activate so I suspect a problem elsewhere.
What happens when you try and call?
Can you send a text with the word "Active" to 2020?
Was this just a straightforward upgrade or did you do it due to losing your old mobile resulting in an account block etc?
Any further info you can give us will help us help you better.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

More info required upgrade or first o2 contract 

remembering we are all customers here only customer service can resolve it if it is account based issue

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you been turning the phone on & off to see if it activates 

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

have you connected the phone to iTunes on your comp via USB lead to see if that will kick start the phone and has full set up been done, if the handset was set up in store take it back to them, sounds like many possibilities but also dont rule out it could be a faulty handset! go back to the store speak to a Guru and see what they can do! it should activate as soon as you put your sim card in but as stated in previous try your old sim card first as the new one might not of activated....

Message 6 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Being an upgrade you might also want to check you have the correct data bolt on. Should be idata showing in My O2.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

when you got the phone was the box sealed?? if its been used as a demo and been set up wrong! also daft question but you havent got it on areoplane mode?? 

Message 8 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
just tagging @Anonymous in...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous how are you getting on with this? Is your iPhone up and running now? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10