cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 Plus hissing sound

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried recording on my 7 Plus which recieved on Thursday and there's a really loud noise when playing back videos recorded on the 7 Plus. 

Doesnt happen when listening to my videos recorded with my old 6 on the 7 plus. 

Really gutted, been reading about it and seems Apple replace the phone.

Booked an appoitment with Apple next week. 

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Pretty sure I checked that....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok.

Message 12 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Seriously, can you or anyone else hear anything?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds more like background noise? is this on all things recorded on the phone? may be the noise canx not working propperly, also do you hear it if a call is on loud speaker? 

Message 14 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only hear it when listening to a recording, tried it at another place incase it was just at home, but it sounded even worse.

Message 15 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

The noise isn't there when listening to recordings from my old phone on the 7 Plus.

Only there on recordings by the 7 Plus. 

Message 16 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds like a software fault with the phone, your best bet is to go to your nearest Apple store and get one of those guys to take a look, if it is a software fault then they should be able to go through the relevent steps to get that sorted or replace with a brand new handset.. make sure you kick up enough of a fuss over this so they do something about it and not fob you off. I have always found apple store staff t be really helpful.. Good luck and let me know how you get on..

Message 17 of 40

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sounds like paranoia to me..
I don't mean that offensively but I don't hear anything our of the ordinary,
Maybe it's the speakers on your phone, not the mic...
Message 18 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was a software issue but it's not on the recordings that were filmed with my 6, so if it was software wouldn't it be heard whne listening to old recordings on the phone?

Message 19 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can hear a faint hiss... but to be sure need to listen to a recording longer then 5 seconds.... 

Message 20 of 40