Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 Launch - Plans?

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thought it would be fun to create a launch thread,for your iPhone 7 plans!!!

My iPhone 6, 2 year contract with O2, naturally comes to an end this September - just in time for the iPhone 7 launch.  Lets hope the 7 doesn't come with yet another 2 year contract?!!!!

So what are your plans - where will you be getting yours?!!

I'm not sure I'll be queuing up for the 7 this time around - far easier to order online!  I remember queuing up for the iPhone 4!! I posted my story on the old O2 forums (probably in some deep dark basement cellar by now!) but essentially, I queued up at the Apple Store in Bromley, where they were handing out cakes, coffees and all sort of stuff to people waiting!   Weirdly though, I'd struck up a friendship with some random poster on the forums, and we arranged to meet up and go together - good job he didn't turn out to be an axe murderer or something!!!!

Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby

Oh yes.... 3G the day it came out, missed the 3GS out, then every iPhone at launch from the 4 (the last time an iPhone was a world-changer in my view). All on O2 BTW slight_smile

Message 41 of 109

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Makes sense order online @Anonymous I wouldn't fancy queueing for days at the store when you can have it delivered! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 42 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 wrote:

I wouldn't fancy queueing for days at the store when you can have it delivered! 

My thoughts exactly. Plus with me already buying the iPhone, I can go onto a pay as you go tariff or a sim only tariff, which are cheaper, as you are only paying for the call, text, data allowance, rather than the phone, call, text, data allowance.

I tend to stop on pay as you go now, as the network I'm with gives free boosts every three months, which makes the pay as you go tariff I'm on, better and better value the longer I stop on it, and also, if I did want to change networks, I can do so straight away as I'm not on a contract or have a locked to a network iPhone. Not for everybody, but I find it works best for me.

Message 43 of 109

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Buying direct from the manufacturer is always the best way to go. I do the same, unlocked phone and so many options available to you with regards to network and tariff. Most of the regulars on here go the same route but it's not possible for everyone. That's when you have to make an informed choice and do the research, find the network with the best coverage for your needs because you are locked in. Many people just go for an eay option and regret it for months on end with no way of ending the contract unless paying a lump sum which they could have done to start with....

Message 44 of 109

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Toby

All on O2 BTW slight_smile

Haha, good to hear wink

Have any other devices ever tempted you away from Apple?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 45 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

When the iPad 2 came out i was dead against it and bought a Motorola Xoom. After a week it ended up in a cupboard gathering dust and I bought an iPad 2 anyway. Since then I had the iPad 3, mini, Air, mini 2, Air 2, mini 4, and now the 9.7 iPad Pro. Phone-wise, I've not thought about moving at all. Android phones may have twice the specs, but Android needs twice the grunt to run half-decent. Apple for me slight_smile

Message 46 of 109

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Really?
Who on earth fed you that nonsense?
Message 47 of 109

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Really?
Who on earth fed you that nonsense?

Apple LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 48 of 109

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Of course...
Message 49 of 109

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics