Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s..can no longer recieve txts from ee and virgin

Chrisg1312
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have just changed to an iPhone 6s, I have kept my number and have the same airtime contract. Since changing I can no longer recieve sms txts from friends on EE or Virgin. I can recieve calls and they recieve my txts. I have been through o2 help and online chat. I have reset the iPhone and started again completely with it, I have cleaned my sim and tried just about anything I can think of. If I cannot resolve this the phone is pretty useless to me. Has anyone had this problem or got any idea how to try and fix it.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chrisg1312
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

thanks for getting back to me. I have just come off the phone with o2 again and they have resolved the issue.

I have been experiencing bad signal in my house had been using the TU GO app on my old phone. Recently, after work on a mast, my signal has got better and I no longer needed the app and had deleted it from my phone. Apparently, the fact that it was still showing on my account was the route of the problem, which seems odd as it was not affecting any networks apart from EE and Virgin; however, they removed it from the account and all is now working fine.

Maybe this can help someone else shoud they have the same issue.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Chrisg1312 I will tag @adamtemp64 who knows a great deal about iPhones and I believe he has the same one as you do (but I could be mistaken about that).

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Chrisg1312 As @Bambino says I have the same phone etc .

i have not had this my self but as sms send fine you have the correct message centre etc .

have you ever ported to o2 ? 

And when you changed phone did you get a new sim ? 

For clarity if you say what you had done before this issue started I.e. Previous phone what is the contract etc .

i am at lunch now but will check back after work 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 6

Chrisg1312
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

thanks for getting back to me. I have just come off the phone with o2 again and they have resolved the issue.

I have been experiencing bad signal in my house had been using the TU GO app on my old phone. Recently, after work on a mast, my signal has got better and I no longer needed the app and had deleted it from my phone. Apparently, the fact that it was still showing on my account was the route of the problem, which seems odd as it was not affecting any networks apart from EE and Virgin; however, they removed it from the account and all is now working fine.

Maybe this can help someone else shoud they have the same issue.

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's good to know and it will certainly help us and others with a similar problem. It's not something I would ever have thought of as a possible cause but I guess it may be a common issue if customer service were aware.

Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Chrisg1312 Welcome to the forums. Glad to hear you got this issue sorted. It's quite an unusual problem so your post will definitely help others in a similar situation. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6