cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S Plus screen issue (maybe 6S too)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I received my iPhone 6S Plus space grey today and I may have a issue with my device as I immeddiately noticed that there are some faint black blurry borders around my screen. It starts off at the edges of the screen and becomes fainter towards screen area.

Does anyone who may have a space grey version of the iPhone 6S Plus (may be the iPhone 6S) have this problem as well?

I'd really hate to return it and have to wait weeks for a replacement as no doubt my contract with O2 will continue to run whilst I'm without the phone.

So please, I ask any other iPhone 6S space grey owners to reply and let me know if the blurry black borders around the screen are present on your device too?

Also, maybe owners of the other colours can check their screen as well to see if they the same issue.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a little update, I am on my 3rd device. It is not as bad as the first two, but the blur is still there but I have to look a bit harder for it, so I'm happy, maybe the devices with the serial numbers that start C39QC are effected as my 3rd one is part of the same batch but is C39QH so it's further down the assembley line, so looks like some of the first devices made had the issue which bugged me.

I am also sending my iPhone 6 Plus to Apple for repair / replacement as I have been inspecting that screen closely and it has some sort of faint yellowing around the edges of the screen, so I'm not sure if the screen or that part of the iPhone is UV protected, it seems others have had the same issue too.

I think Apple needs to up it's game for quality testing as my Microsoft Lumia 640 screen is pefect and that device only cost me £120 lol.

Message 51 of 67

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Many have been saying the same about Apple quality for quite some time now wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This problem with edging round the screen has been mentioned by many....Not good for the price...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 67

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 55 of 67

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess they hope that their "average" iPhone owner won't notice or won't care ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 56 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely, I mean after bend gate they denied that, Apple rarely admit faults with their devices.

I  may be going for the S6 / Note or maybe the Z5, but the larger one released next month I think.

Message 57 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a nice long read of this entire thread and thought I'd join in on my experience too.

I upgraded my 6 Plus contract on 31/10 (before I knew this thread was here) and received my 6S Plus 64GB Silver on 02/11, switched it on out of the box and instantly noticed the exact same bleeding issue that's being talked about here. I contacted O2 immediately and requested a next day replacement.

Replacement came on 03/11 and still has the exact same bleeding issue out of the box, but also the home Touch ID button is loose / wobbly (I know right?). Again, I called O2 immediately afterward and requested a repalcement. The first advisor I spoke to said he booked it in but never did. I called again at 8pm the same day and the second advisor I spoke to said the previous advisor didn't book it and that he had just done it now for me, which he has as I now have the email for it.

Third handset (2nd replacement) is coming tomorrow 05/11 and hopefully it won't have any more issues. If it does, however, Someone from the Apple Engineering team is calling me at 5pm tomorrow to start troubleshooting the issue and potentially get them to investigate the issue across their manufacturing line. I saved all the convo logs from Apple and O2 web chats for record purposes.

After that, providing this third handset is faulty like the others, I'll call O2 and just ask them to take the phone back and cancel my upgrade. I'll just end up sticking with my 6 Plus and go onto a SIM only contract, seeing as I payed off my device plan early to upgrade and O2 won't refund that, so I'll just have to refund my 6S Plus upfront cost and cancel... 

It's a shame really, Apple making such a simple mistake that should be so easy to notice. Do they actually QA their handsets now?!

Message 58 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for your very informative post @Anonymous Sorry to hear of all the issues you have had with this device. It does seem that you have major problems. It also appears you have the matter under control and have dealt with things admirably. I agree though... none of this should be causing you such inconvenience slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks for your very informative post @Anonymous Sorry to hear of all the issues you have had with this device. It does seem that you have major problems. It also appears you have the matter under control and have dealt with things admirably. I agree though... none of this should be causing you such inconvenience slight_frown

It's the first faulty device experience I've ever had with Apple, so it was bound to happen at some point anyway. At least I still have the option to try one more time and if it's still faulty, cancel and back out of my contract. Then I'll just wait for the iPhone 7 slight_smile

EDIT: One of my Norwegian friends who also has a 64GB 6S Plus in Space Grey also just confirmed that his has the bleeding issue too, he didn't notice it was there until I pointed it out to him and now he can see it.

Message 60 of 67