cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S Plus screen issue (maybe 6S too)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I received my iPhone 6S Plus space grey today and I may have a issue with my device as I immeddiately noticed that there are some faint black blurry borders around my screen. It starts off at the edges of the screen and becomes fainter towards screen area.

Does anyone who may have a space grey version of the iPhone 6S Plus (may be the iPhone 6S) have this problem as well?

I'd really hate to return it and have to wait weeks for a replacement as no doubt my contract with O2 will continue to run whilst I'm without the phone.

So please, I ask any other iPhone 6S space grey owners to reply and let me know if the blurry black borders around the screen are present on your device too?

Also, maybe owners of the other colours can check their screen as well to see if they the same issue.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
My daughters 5s has always had a slight green tinge around the edge when viewing a white screen but she's never noticed it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha, well I've noticed it, it would seem and because I know it's there it's always where my eyes want to focus. It's a lot worse in person that my pictures show, which is why I have highlighted the areas to look as you can see it on the images too, just not so dark as it is in the flesh.

I've been looking at my 6 Plus (Gold) screen in detail and I've noticed that screen has issues of it's own now too.

I'm going to see what it looks like on different backgrounds though, so hopefully it only shows up on completely white backgrounds as I can see this being a issue for me, maybe not for anyone else it will bug me.

Since I'm near an Apple Store on Monday, I might pop into there and get someone to look and hopefully they'll have one that isn't part of the same batch.

Message 32 of 67

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Apple will be your best bet and as you say, now you've seen it you will notice it all the time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the exact same problem with my 6s plus. Returned it to Apple and am now waiting for a replacement to arrive. Fingers crossed it will be ok but was in the Apple Store yesterday and all the display phones had the same issue.

Message 34 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply and I'm glad I'm not the only one and going crazy.

If Apple are unwilling to help me or replace it when I take the replacement iPhone 6S Plus to the Apple store, I have decided I will return it the very next day to O2 and have my upgrade cancelled as I only have 7 days left to do this or I will be stuck with a handset that will only be offered a repair service thereafter.

It's a shame to be honest, as I'm unlikely to upgrade to another iPhone 6S Plus in the near future as would hate to experience the same issues. So looks like I will end up waiting until next year when the iPhone 7 is released.

Message 35 of 67

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Took the liberty of ramping up the contrast to make the problem areas more visible.

original-1.jpg

The left edge does seem to hold less light than the rest, and again, the top illuminators are very visible.

For display problems, it's actually better to view the whole screen in solid grey not white, white can overbear and mask the problem, light grey is perfect for photographing screen issues as the lcd sub-pixels are all active but not fully ramped up and over saturating.

Message 36 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that. I will try the grey backgrounds rather than white. I was going to get some photos of various colours to show off that it's not only certain colours it shows up on.

It's a shame that this is happening for the price paid for Apple devices.

As it was said in an earlier response though once you see the screen defects, you cannot unsee it and your eye always notices it how faint it turns out to be.

Message 37 of 67

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
The screen has to be to your liking, it's the only part of the phone you're ever gonna look at.
I know I bash them a bit, but I'm pretty surprised at these issues, TBF, Apple do normally stick perfect panels on their phones.

Message 38 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

After searching about the issue too, it seems the iPhone 6 / 6 Plus shares the same issues and I can now notice with my iPhone 6 Plus that there is a issue with that screen too but it's not as noticeable as with the two iPhone 6S Plus I've had.

Hopefully I will have some luck at an Apple store, but I'm not holding out much hope since it's seems to have been an issue with iPhone 6 / 6 Plus screens too from what I've read so far, and problem still exists with the iPhone 6S.

I will though, over the weekend photograph both iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S screens with different colours and post them here so others can hopefully spot the issues so they can check their devices for the same or for anyone that finds this thread in future after finding the same issues with their phones.

Message 39 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems I'm not alone with screen issues - http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6s-screen.1921180/

Message 40 of 67