cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S Plus screen issue (maybe 6S too)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I received my iPhone 6S Plus space grey today and I may have a issue with my device as I immeddiately noticed that there are some faint black blurry borders around my screen. It starts off at the edges of the screen and becomes fainter towards screen area.

Does anyone who may have a space grey version of the iPhone 6S Plus (may be the iPhone 6S) have this problem as well?

I'd really hate to return it and have to wait weeks for a replacement as no doubt my contract with O2 will continue to run whilst I'm without the phone.

So please, I ask any other iPhone 6S space grey owners to reply and let me know if the blurry black borders around the screen are present on your device too?

Also, maybe owners of the other colours can check their screen as well to see if they the same issue.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you contact Apple they should replace it under warranty which would be quicker than waiting for a replacement from o2.
Message 21 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, I have a 64gb Rose Gold 6s Plus with no issues at all.
Message 22 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the six plus s space grey 64gb and don't notice any problems with screen bleeds. 

Message 23 of 67

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 24 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whilst I would love to cut out O2. If they are offering a door replacement service I will let them and if I feel I have issues with the replacement device I'll go to Apple instead as it's not like there is an O2 or Apple store on my doorstep. I would have to go out of my way to get to my nearest Apple store and the only time I'm in the same area as an Apple store will be next Monday (October 5th) so if I have to I will pop in and see what they say, whether I should continue with the O2 door replacement or have them replace it there and then.

I mean, I have no issues with the 6 Plus screen only the 6S Plus, using the same apps on both devices and I know in my mind the screen isn't what it should be.

Message 25 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to give an update.

It seems the screen is definitly faulty and it's not my eyes lol. As when viewing content with a non-white background the edges of the screen are a faint blue coloured blur but when on a white background it's grey in colour.

Anyway, O2 are replacing the handset tomorrow via DPD so I hope the new handset doesn't have issues of it own...

Just my luck to get a device with a faulty screen, as I was in two minds as whether to upgrade or wait until next year instead but nevermind.

Message 26 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best of luck for tomorrow then @Anonymous As you were the only one who posted with that particular problem I am guessing the swapped device will be fine wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure it will be fine too. I was just unlucky this time.

Message 28 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would seem the replacement is exactly the same if not worse. I've taken photos of it too, and I've highlighted the areas of where to look. It just can't be just me and my eyes?

IMG_0480_1.jpg

IMG_0486_1.jpg

Message 29 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upon looking at the serial numbers it would seem that both iPhones are from the same batch.

Both serial numbers start 'C39QC'

Message 30 of 67