cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S Plus screen issue (maybe 6S too)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I received my iPhone 6S Plus space grey today and I may have a issue with my device as I immeddiately noticed that there are some faint black blurry borders around my screen. It starts off at the edges of the screen and becomes fainter towards screen area.

Does anyone who may have a space grey version of the iPhone 6S Plus (may be the iPhone 6S) have this problem as well?

I'd really hate to return it and have to wait weeks for a replacement as no doubt my contract with O2 will continue to run whilst I'm without the phone.

So please, I ask any other iPhone 6S space grey owners to reply and let me know if the blurry black borders around the screen are present on your device too?

Also, maybe owners of the other colours can check their screen as well to see if they the same issue.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 67
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

It certainly sounds as if you have a faulty device. It doesn't matter what the colour of the phone is  if you have a blurry border it sounds like a LCD display issue. For the sort of money you are paying for that phone I would return it and cancel the contract.(you have 14 days to do that) You then would have to start again

Alternatively you could try returning instore and see if they will swap for a new model immediately. What you don't want is for O2 to send this brand new phone off for repair. (you wouldn't do that with any new device)

It must be disappointing but I think really you have no other choice

If you want to ring Apple to confirm this is a fault on the phone try here

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the 6S in silver and do not have that issue, I would suggest making a genius bar appointment at your local Apple store that way (hopefully) you will not have to wait too long for a replacement.

Hope that helps

Message 2 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response. I hope though, that some space grey owners will hopefully respond to let me know if they have an issue with the edges of the screen around the device have a blurry black faint border that fades into the screen on white backgrounds especially.

I then, will most likely return the iPhone (if there is a screen fault) to O2, for them to replace when they have more stock.

If I do have to return it, does anyone know if O2 will cancel my upgraded contract if I decide not to have a replacement and maybe upgrade again later in the year when they have much more stock?
Message 3 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've taken photos and you can clearly notice it at the top over the status bar. But it shows on every edge of the screen and I'm sure once you seen it on the top, you likely notice it on the left, right and bottom sides of the screen too.

IMG_0455.png

Message 4 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

It certainly sounds as if you have a faulty device. It doesn't matter what the colour of the phone is  if you have a blurry border it sounds like a LCD display issue. For the sort of money you are paying for that phone I would return it and cancel the contract.(you have 14 days to do that) You then would have to start again

Alternatively you could try returning instore and see if they will swap for a new model immediately. What you don't want is for O2 to send this brand new phone off for repair. (you wouldn't do that with any new device)

It must be disappointing but I think really you have no other choice

If you want to ring Apple to confirm this is a fault on the phone try here

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know it doesn't matter on the colour of the phone, but I was just clarifying that it may be more noticable on the space grey version due to the black borders of the phone itself.

After searching Google for the issue I am seeing, I found a few posts about how the iPhone 6 Space Grey versions had a screen defect of their own too but that was about the screen itself being uneven, hence why I posted asking about space grey versions but also asking others to post if they have the issue with the other colours too.

I will contact O2 a bit later, as bit of a trek to get to an O2 Store, and more of a bigger trek to get an Apple Store.

But from what you have posted @Cleoiff it seems I have an screen issue, and shouldn't have such issue for the sort of money I am paying, so I do hope I can cancel my upgraded contract and start all over again later in the year as obviously I'd hate to have to wait for a replacement whilst still paying my contract.

Thanks for the response.
Message 6 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now been in touch with O2, as obviously there is no stock at the moment they will order a replacement for me and I can continue using the iPhone 6S Plus until they have new stock and be able to do a door replacement service.

But I would be intrigued how many devices are also effected, so I've added the thread title now so it includes all 6S Plus regardless of colour.

Message 7 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Must admit @Anonymous I hadn't seen your screenshot when I posted and it doesn't look too bad to me. It just looks as if the picture could be bigger to fill the screen. However, no -one can see it clearly and personally I would give Apple a ring before you do anything else with the phone. The number to call is in the link I provided.

If you are unhappy with it now it will only get worse. Best of luck with it..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have now been in touch with O2, as obviously there is no stock at the moment they will order a replacement for me and I can continue using the iPhone 6S Plus until they have new stock and be able to do a door replacement service.

Excellent news (again you posted just before my last post) They will probably look to do a doorstep swap..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Must admit @Anonymous I hadn't seen your screenshot when I posted and it doesn't look too bad to me. It just looks as if the picture could be bigger to fill the screen. However, no -one can see it clearly and personally I would give Apple a ring before you do anything else with the phone. The number to call is in the link I provided.

If you are unhappy with it now it will only get worse. Best of luck with it..:smileywink:

If you look at the top and bottom of the screen in my picture, it can be seen. It's like a faint black, or grey in colour. I obviously notice it more now as I know it's there ha.

And as said in my previous reply, O2 have ordered me a replacement and will do a door replacement service when they have new stock and was told I can use the device until that happens, so it means I can get some use out of the device and get used the 'new' features whilst I use my iPhone 6 Plus still as my daily driver for now.

Sadly this is the only iPhone I've had to return and I wasn't expecting it to be as easy as it has been.

Message 10 of 67