cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S Plus advice

Anonymous
Not applicable

If i was to take out a iPhone 6s Plus on O2, i understand they split the contracts

do you have to be with them so long before you can pay off the device plan and change to pay as go?

do the devices work out more money than they do sim free from apple or brought on pay as go?

TIA

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

adeuk5
Level 3: Thinker
  • 38 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Exactly, "a new refesh deal". It just enables you to get a new handset without waiting for the end of the current contract, but in return, you have to enter into a new o2 contract. And if you "Refresh" you don't have to give 30 days notice

...And I've just checked this with my local o2 shop

Message 11 of 20

adeuk5
  • 38 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I was worried that you were so confident about this and have checked further. I was misinformed by the shop and by CS a few weeks ago.

The guide is very out of date, there are new terms

The current terms state quite clearly:

"(b) If you've paid off your O2 Refresh Device Plan(s) (after 24 months or earlier if you choose to pay off early before the end of the 24 month term), you can either:

1. Decide to continue with your original Airtime Plan. In these circumstances, the combined Pay Monthly tariff will automatically reduce to reflect just the Airtime Plan tariff, until it is terminated on 30 days' notice in accordance with our Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement; or
  2. Take a new O2 Refresh deal. If you're paying off a Device Plan early we waive the remaining months of your linked Airtime Plan that you haven't used, allowing you to upgrade; or
  3. Terminate your Airtime Plan and Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement. We'll waive the remaining months of your linked Airtime Plan that you haven't used (as required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974), entitling you to terminate so that in these circumstances, your Airtime Plan will be treated as not having any remaining Minimum Period for the purposes of paragraph 8.3 of the Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement."

So you were right. Had an interesting conversation with the shop!

Message 12 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the info @adeuk5

I will call in @Anonymous who wrote our Refresh guide just a few months ago. If they need any amendment ...then he will change them accordingly...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 20

adeuk5
  • 38 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The unofficial part of the guide only refers to Refreshing, implying that is the only option, worth mentioning this other option. It also refers to out of date terms that changed last November. The refesh terms are hidden away in the main mobile contract, they are not a separate document

I trawled through of all of the O2 web pages about refresh and the all of the T+Cs and the only mention of being able to "walk away" is in that paragraph, and you have to dig deep for that. Everything else implies that you need to take another contract....but we can understand why wink

And for the avoidance of doubt, the "30gb Buy out" offer for the 6s does require you to take out a new Refresh contract if you need to use that to have o2 cover any shortfall on the device.

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not need to wait 24 months, you can cancel the airtime 30 days once you have paid off the device plan. If you upgrade to a new handset on refresh it is essentially a new contract as you will have a new price plan for the new device & a whole new airtime tariff & charge.

The links won't be out of date as the community staff helped with the info & I went over it with them myself a few times, in fact everyone on this thread apart from you is right, so the op needs to listen to their advice & my very useful guide as I have been informed that it is very helpful

thank you for reading 

Message 15 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Lovemyphone's guide is correct and has been my understanding of refresh since its inception. I use the facility very often.
Message 16 of 20

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Shame on advisers giving incorrect info...as stated above, this is the whole point and benefit of Refresh. You can pay for the phone straight away and go for a much better sim only deal immediately,  unless a new iPhone where the 20 and 30gb deals are not available on sim only.

Message 17 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And there you have it. I doubted such a recent guide would be out of date hence me mentioning and PM'ing @Anonymous for his input. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

And there you have it. I doubted such a recent guide would be out of date hence me mentioning and PM'ing @Anonymous for his input. wink

Thanks very much

Message 19 of 20

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

To my knowledge, @Anonymous's guide is correct. I shall however ask a member of the team to review it to see if any other inks are more up-to date. I can do this at any time and for any guide, so if you have doubts or want me to check one, do let me know slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 20 of 20