cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S Plus advice

Anonymous
Not applicable

If i was to take out a iPhone 6s Plus on O2, i understand they split the contracts

do you have to be with them so long before you can pay off the device plan and change to pay as go?

do the devices work out more money than they do sim free from apple or brought on pay as go?

TIA

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The overall cost would probably be slightly higher with O2...BUT you get the benefit of Refresh contract and free insurance

Have a look here

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/The-UnOfficial-iPhone-6s-FAQ-Thread/td-p/...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Prices depend on tariff so check the overall handset price before you commit to buying.
You can pay off the phone cost immediately if you want to and switch to payg but your phone will be locked to o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Once you have paid off the phone you have multi choices. Stay with o2, end the airtime giving notice, o2 have to legally unlock the phone so you can go with any network, get a sim only contract or ask for your PAC and take your number elsewhere. The beauty of Refresh.....

Message 4 of 20

adeuk5
Level 3: Thinker
  • 38 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

From my reading of the T&Cs, to end the airtime contract you do need to be past the minimum term (e.g 24 months) otherwise you would have to pay off the remaining airtime contract or take a new Refresh contract?

To "Refresh" you have to take another airtime contract.

Message 5 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have a look at this guide to Refresh

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 20

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No @adeuk5 once the phone is paid off you only need give 30 days notice for the airtime.

Message 7 of 20

adeuk5
  • 38 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks, very handy and full description. And yes that confirms what I understood;

If you have not completed the mimimum airtime contract plan, you cannot simply walk away from the airtime contract, or even switch to pay and go, just by paying off the device plan; you have to take a new contract

Message 8 of 20

adeuk5
  • 38 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie that is not what the T+Cs or the above link say

Message 9 of 20

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@adeuk5 wrote:

@jonsie that is not what the T+Cs or the above link say

Trust me, that's the whole point of Refresh. Pay off the device, end the airtime and walk away or take out a new Refresh deal.....

Message 10 of 20