cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 earpiece speaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
So had my phone for a little over 4 months and the earpiece speaker is terrible like so low can't hear people when on the phone I've tried other mates iPhone 6 and tell the difference and its definitely a lot better then mine been through all settings restarted it reset it done everything no difference what so ever to how loud it is.

So I've contacted apple and it's been booked in for them to look at as it seems I have a years warranty on it so I'm I thinking that it a fault is found it will be fixed free of charge?

My iPhone is is great condition looked after so I can only think that it's a fault beyond my doing.
So my last question also please I'm gonna back up phone before I take it but I've got lots of photos and videos of my kids like in the bath and playing so should I wipe all
This or is there a way to pin protect my photos and videos appreciate I may be being a bit silly but just don't like the idea of someone having free access to me and my family's life for the last 8 years haha
Thanks
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If everything is backed up properly you don't need the photos on your phone. Once they're backed up you can selectively put the ones you like back on your phone once it is returned from repair. Probably not a good idea to have photos of children in the bath in the hands of someone you don't know.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If everything is backed up properly you don't need the photos on your phone. Once they're backed up you can selectively put the ones you like back on your phone once it is returned from repair. Probably not a good idea to have photos of children in the bath in the hands of someone you don't know.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Definitely remove them before the phone is repaired. I would hate to think they could end up on some dodgy website. As said you can replace them anytime from a backup.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Once you have backed up to your iTunes just completely reset the phone which will wipe all your photos and account log ins etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I'll do that 👍
Just one thing I've got apps that aren't available on the App Store no more so will
They go back on as I do still use them thanks for all the advice as always
Happy new year to all 😬
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As long as you choose to back up all apps when making your back up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
So went to back up iPhone today but my laptop is full it's pretty old tried freeing up space but iPhone is 64gb laptop isn't much to be honest so it can't back up I do have a new laptop with loads of free memory would I be able to I talk iTunes on that and just back it up there?
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, just download it onto any PC or laptop
http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/download/

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also recommend when backing up your iPhone to use iTunes. This backs up more than using iCloud.

Also, with iTunes, tick the Encrypt iPhone backup. You will need to choose a password for the backup, but the advantage is the Encrypt backup will backup all your account passwords, Health and Homekit data and also other numerous things that a standard backup will not. If nothing else it saves you having to enter passwords for various things on you iPhone, once you have restored it from the backup.

See the below screenshot.

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 11.27.05 pm.png

Message 10 of 10