cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6- PreOrder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question regarding the iPhone 6. Will customers due an upgrade for their phone be given priority over pre-orders of the iphone 6?

Message 1 of 4,605
4,604 REPLIES 4,604

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I said earlier somewhere in this thread, I went to town on release day and could have had my choice of most of the handsets from one place or the other. It's astonishing that pretty ordered stock is still not being supplied, and more astonishing that more aren't voting with feet so to speak.
Message 3721 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered my 6 plus SG 128GB on Wednesday, received an email that I consider quite misleading as it said that we are processing your upgrade and will dispatch your phone shortly. Reading that in the same way you'd read the same kind of email you would receive from any other company you would assume that the phone is going to be dispatched that day. Nope. No updates since either.

Spoke to live chat and got what I expected, some very broken English and a seeming breakdown in communication, as the person at the other end seemed to have no idea what I was saying. All I asked was if they had a more accurate idea as to when my phone will be sent as I may need to change the delivery address if it is on certain days of the week. 

I know there's a supply issue but it seems the problem of customers being fobbed off left, right and centre is very common with the new iPhone's and anyone who wished to query where it is. 

Wouldn't mind but i've paid my money to upgrade and they were quick enough to take £200+ from me. Least I could expect is some decent customer service. Have only been with o2 since the days of Cellnet, just a few years lol.

Message 3722 of 4,605

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When will people realise they are wasting their time contacting live chat about iphone orders. They are clueless about stock and orders and can probably only see what you can see in My O2.

Message 3723 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well if that's the case then surely it would be an idea to state that they are clueless or cannot help before you actually commit yourself to the chat.

It's a form of customer service, therefore they should be able to deal with it competently.
Message 3724 of 4,605

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

In fairness they are probably as much in the dark as you and I...From what I have heard and read this whole iPhone 6 promotion has been an utter fiasco....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3725 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

spoke to somone on live chat this morning they said they shuld be getting stock monday and they will dispatch the phones possibly this week ( if monday is correct) they estimated under 9 days for mine to get here which wa orderd on the 3rd ( as im going on holiday in 9 days) so fingers crossed o2 gets stock toorrow!

I was honestly considering ordering the same tarrif throgh CPW which have stock in everything but im not sure I can upgrade through refresh through CPW? and pay my early upgrade fee through them? 

ive paied £522 for this upgrade and **bleep** CS is beyond annoying me atm. youd think by now would let them know more about stock as live chat is the first thing costomers resort to asking about their order. 

Message 3726 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

no idea why im bleeped and excuse my terrible spelling typng with  inch fake nails on a apple keyboard dosent proove as easy as i thought 😞 

Message 3727 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, that's one thing that's fairly consistent with any iPhone launch and o2 isn't it? 

I appreciate they are probably in the dark, but also feel that o2 should realise that their customers who hand over their hard earned money are going to want a little bit more of an up to date picture of what is happening with their order. Even if that means the order status's were a little more accurate (i.e. awaiting stock, will be sent in next 2-3 days, dispatching soon etc.) it could save a lot of time and resource at o2's end.

Message 3728 of 4,605

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You can pay your early upgrade fee to carphone warehouse, but they can't put you on another refresh tariff. If you wished to upgrade next year, it would cost significantly more.
Message 3729 of 4,605

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol, that's one thing that's fairly consistent with any iPhone launch and o2 isn't it? 

I appreciate they are probably in the dark, but also feel that o2 should realise that their customers who hand over their hard earned money are going to want a little bit more of an up to date picture of what is happening with their order. Even if that means the order status's were a little more accurate (i.e. awaiting stock, will be sent in next 2-3 days, dispatching soon etc.) it could save a lot of time and resource at o2's end.

I am not supporting O2 in this. As I said it is an absolute shambles. yes it happens every year with the iPhone and one would have hoped they should have learnt a lesson.

However what is even more farcical is that these phones can be picked up in many retailers...so I wonder why everyone goes through this pre-ordering nightmare year after year Confused...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3730 of 4,605