cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6- PreOrder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question regarding the iPhone 6. Will customers due an upgrade for their phone be given priority over pre-orders of the iphone 6?

Message 1 of 4,605
4,604 REPLIES 4,604

Anonymous
Not applicable
That we should stop complaining overlooks something very important.

Yes, it's just a phone and in the big picture not a big deal. But I was TWICE told my phone would arrive the following day. I then put my current one for sale. I have had multiple people disappointed they couldn't buy it when o2 didn't dispatch my phone. Worse, if they had bought it the same day I wouldn't have a phone at all now. I also nearly took a day off work each time, but instead was able to arrange for someone else to be here - ultimately for no reason. When I spoke to Carphone they said they'd be happy to run the credit check needed for a new contract but as I have just got one with o2 for the iPhone 6 it may get declined, which by the way sits on your credit record.

So sure, it's just a phone. But it has consequential effects, in addition to the sheer ethical issue of brazenly lying to your customers
Message 3131 of 4,605

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

When people get frustrated it's understandable, just best not to comment if there is nothing to add to the conversation. Sometimes you can't help yourself though...

Message 3132 of 4,605

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous  Totally in agreement. However I stepped in to stop a slanging match. Not to stop freedom of speech wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3133 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff two totally understand and my comment wasn't aimed at you, was just talking generally
Message 3134 of 4,605

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Perhaps, because O2 appear to have got it wrong for yet another year and yet another iPhone release, they should consider outsourcing the whole logistics function to a contractor who can "deliver the goods".

Lessons need to be learned, clearly the existing set-up has failed to perform once again so something is not right.

O2 can't afford to continually annoy customers.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3135 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

They can, though.

Until people vote with their feet, they'll go for the cheap solution and do what they've always got away with.

And if those customers are tied into a contract, why would they change?

Message 3136 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
Latest, apparently my iPhone 6+ 128 grey is out of stock and available after 14 days, then after checking with the manager they are suddenly in stock and to be dispatched within 14 days ... you gotta love O2 chat 😘
Message 3137 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous they are still saying a 14 day window for dispatch which is out of order. They should be able to give us all dates.
Message 3138 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used O2 chat and I was told if I went into the shop they has stock and I could get another contract and then cancel the current preorder. As you will guess this was all bull s#@t as the sho had no stock and was on preorder basis. Anybody else had this.
Message 3139 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous j was also role on Monday that j would be receiving my phone this week gone ... a load of 💩
Message 3140 of 4,605