cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6- PreOrder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question regarding the iPhone 6. Will customers due an upgrade for their phone be given priority over pre-orders of the iphone 6?

Message 1 of 4,605
4,604 REPLIES 4,604

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add I pre ordered 18th so not exactly early in the scheme of things, my 64g Iphone 6 space grey and haven't heard a scooby really that makes any sense.

Like a lot of people have said its not the wait really it's the not having any reliable estimate. I'm over 7 days as I calculate it and I'm sure they should send me something about the eligibilty for a discount off my bill due to the wait. Haven't heard anything about this either.

Bit rubbish really on the communciation side of things  - be more dog? How about you throw me a bone! Info on the phone O2....

Message 3621 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, just thought I would let everybody on here know my experience of O2 .
I pre ordered a IP6+ SG with Vodafone on the 14/9.
After being fobbed off by them for over 2 weeks I cancelled the order yesterday morning.
I then went straight online and ordered the same handset with O2 and got told it would be 14 days. Yesterday afternoon I got a text saying my order was complete and with ukmail and it was delivered to me today
Message 3622 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my delivery text and tracking is now working, I'm due my iphone 6 SG 64gb tomorrow at some point ^_^

Message 3623 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one, although at the same time I do feel sorry for you.

I spoke to my local O2 store (one that is able to deal with business enquiries) and was told that the 6 Plus isn't officially released to O2 until October 7th and to check back with them then.

I've gone to my nearest Apple store and just bought one as I couldn't be doing with the hassle.

Hopefully yours will arrive soon!

Lee

Message 3624 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  I think this is what annoying people on here. it looks like they took the money from all the people upgrading around the 12th, but are allocating a portion of handsets that they get in to new sales rather than fulfilling pre-order backlogs.

In a way it makes a weird business sense they already have our money but can get more by selling to new customers knowing that pre order people will wait an extra week or so.

I think its the lack of transparency in the ordering system that is causing the problems, people have been in progress for over 2 weeks now being told a different story from 02 every time they contact them. Just a simple update to narrow the expected date would go a long way to pleasing people.

I’m guessing this credit for waiting more than 7 days will be as easy to get as the actual iphone i can see lots of people having to argue with CS for it rather than being an automatic thing like it should be.

Message 3625 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, just thought I would drop a line to say I understand all your frustrations regarding the lack of communication from O2. I preordered mine on the 12th at 12.30, IP 6+ 64gb in space grey. Heard absolutely nothing for weeks was given a delivery of Mid October. Made numbers phone calls, web chat the lot, no sensible information.
Then got a text yesterday your phone been dispatched then received the phone this morning.
Let's just say guys the communication was rubbish, but hold out guys, it's worth it in the end. The phone is brilliant and can't wait to find out all it can do. I am jus waiting for the sim to be swapped from my 4S.
I will be seeing you all when we here again next year ordering the Iwatch then the iPhone 7.

Take care all and hope you all get your phones soon

Moss
Message 3626 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think O2 need to look at doing something like this. At least people would know where their order was up to. This is how my account for Vodafone looks? Quite impressed. 

Order.JPG

Message 3627 of 4,605

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous Congrats on receiving your IP6+, you will love it I'm sure.  If it helps a contributor from this forum advised I switch off both phones and turn them back on again and the sim swap should have taken place.  It worked for me which meant I didn't wait the estimated 24 hours.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 3628 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Looks good indeed, hopefully their coverage is as good for you.

Where I live/work it's close to useless (wife has a 5c on Vodafone), but I understand it's going to be different for everyone in different places.

Message 3629 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone slight_smile

I've been watching this thread through interest, as on a whim, I bought out my O2 refresh on the 19th and ordered an iPhone 6 + I wasn't in any hurry to receive it, but was perplexed by the lack of correspondence from O2 in regard to delivery etc.

I feel so sorry for those that pre- ordered, as you would expect those customers to be priority when stock became available. I applaud your patience and good manners after seeing those who ordered after you, get their phone first. It must be so frustrating.

I received an email and a text this morning stating that my iPhone 6 + Silver 16GB, ordered on the 19th will be delivered tomorrow (Thursday)

I hope those who ordered before me have now received their phone, or at least have had confirmation of delivery.
Message 3630 of 4,605