cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6- PreOrder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question regarding the iPhone 6. Will customers due an upgrade for their phone be given priority over pre-orders of the iphone 6?

Message 1 of 4,605
4,604 REPLIES 4,604

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I might have made a bit of a balls up today.

I placed a pre-order instore on 18/09 for a 6+ 128gb Silver. I put down £49.99 as a downpayment and then received an email and text quoting a very long number and a date of 7th October for delivery.

Since then, I have called the store a few times for an update as to the delivery and been told 7th October, Mid November, Next week and this morning I was told that they do not have a date on system.

I phoned CS on 202 and relayed this information, the lady i spoke to informaed me that If I placed an order with them over the phone and payed off my current phone plan, I could receive the phone within 5x days.

So I didn just that, for myself and my partner. 2x new orders placed, over £900.00 lighter and happily expecting to receive phones within 5x days.

Checked MyO2 this afternoon for an update to see nothing showing (Turns out the orders don't show up on App, only desktop version), rang 202 for clarityand was told I would receive on Monday 6th... WINNER!!

I rang them back again early this evening as it dawned on me that I needed to get a refund for my initial downpayment (have to go to store for this), but through the course of the conversation, I was then told it would be 14x day until I received phones. 

I went onto LC and reiterated all of this, 'Komal' confimed that 14x days is the current lead time.

So within 8x hours I have been told FOUR different delivery times, been relived of over £900 and am no further forward than I was nearly two weeks ago.

What a complete farce.

Oh, it also dawned on me that the O2 Recycle quote that was given to me for my current 5S is only valid for 14x days, so If I were to take them up on the quote, I would potentially be phoneless until my new one arives.

Message 3501 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just recieved an email saying my order is on the way but no text yet, this was quite the suprise after I had a chat with a lovely man on livechat and he said I probably had a 10-12 day wait! I just wanted to make sure it was here before my holiday as there would be no-one to sign for it but I did say it was mid October so there was no rush!

Iphone 6 64gb in Slate grey ordered on the 14th.

Message 3502 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
How long does it take to show on the U.K. Mail site ? Thanks
Message 3503 of 4,605

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous 

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, it also dawned on me that the O2 Recycle quote that was given to me for my current 5S is only valid for 14x days, so If I were to take them up on the quote, I would potentially be phoneless until my new one arives.

I recycled my phone and as my IP6+ hadn't arrived by the end of the 14 days I was sent an e-mail asking me to click a link that allow me to request they hold the offer price for a further 7 days as I'm going to send it in.

Hope this helps a little with your dilemma.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 3504 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
I put my order in 14th for a sg 64 6, I haven't had any correspondence by text or email, is this normal?
Message 3505 of 4,605

Captmethane
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
First off, thanks all for posting, it's been very informative and interesting to get an update, goodness knows O2 don't provide any kind of update.Ordered my 64gb 6 on the 17th and it's said "in progress" ever since. No updates as such, apart from the standard important information email and the random text about the Fire phone.

Did a LC yesterday and was told it would be dispatched within 48 hours, did another live chat today and was told dispatch in 24 hours, so ag least the times tally. Only concern I've got is when I spoke to CS earlier today, the guy I spoke with said it was out of stock and he "didn't know where they were getting their (LC) information from"

Will see what happen tomorrow when the 48 hours expires. Funny how ing it takes them to dispatch, they where quick enough to take the down payment money from my account only hours after me placing the order.

what do you think? Will it be dispatched tomorrow?
Message 3506 of 4,605

KingKojo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

got my phone today just before 10 am, very happy.

glad I got space grey, glad I got 128GB but my god the 6 plus is massive.

Message 3507 of 4,605

baldrik78
  • 33 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No chance mate. Sorry to say
Message 3508 of 4,605

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@KingKojo You'll get used to the size of the 6+ pretty quickly.  Got mine last Wednesday and love the size now. The rotating home screen is sooooo cool.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 3509 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just cancelled and ordered my 6+ from the carphone warehouse at 6pm....already dispatched and got my DPD tracking number for tomorrow.

Just hope you all get yours before it drives someone insane!

Message 3510 of 4,605