cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6- PreOrder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question regarding the iPhone 6. Will customers due an upgrade for their phone be given priority over pre-orders of the iphone 6?

Message 1 of 4,605
4,604 REPLIES 4,604

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I ordered an iPhone 6+ 128GB in Space Grey on the 12 September with CPW. Trust me, their CS is way, way worse than anything O2 can throw at you.

I ended up cancelling with them and re-ordering via O2 on the 19th. This was an upgrade and I would have chosen this option in the first place, on the 12th, if the O2 upgrade site hadn't been down all day!

Anyway, I've also just had my text message to say that it will be delivered tomorrow.

O2 is worse for some of us

Message 3421 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have the chief execs email they could private message me?   It was posted on here last night and taken down before I took note of it.

Message 3422 of 4,605

Tethysli
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just messaged you the e-mail address 

Message 3423 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tethysli  Thank you Fantastic

Message 3424 of 4,605

Tethysli
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous Not a problem.

Message 3425 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am enjoying this thread as nothing really seems to change with each iPhone launch. The same is happening at many of the other carriers as well as the Apple retail stores at many of the launch locations (where fights are breaking out as people queue for the latest iPhone).

I ordered a 6+ 128 Gold on 15th September as I had no luck on the 12th. That order is showing as in progress and I did have the firephone text message that many on here have had sometime last week slight_smile I was quoted 6-7 weeks when ordering an upgrade through O2 refresh, so do not feel that I have been over promised by O2 and dont care just so long as it comes when it comes...

Apple is notorious for struggling to meet demand on major product releases (iPad included) and really not surprising when demand is high.

Apple ALWAYS ensures that all their retail stores have stock first before any partners (O2 included). In many cases the stores only get a handful of phones each day depending on the size of the store and location. 

Ever since the original iPhone, there have been queues, frustration and limited supply. The Apple retail stores have queues of scalpers ony interested in buying their 2 phone allocation just so they can get their cut and hand the goods over to the higher ups who will sell on eBay or re-sell the phones elsewhere. 

It has got out of hand since the iPhone was released and every measure Apple puts in place to stop the re-sellers is circumvented...

O2 are screwed when all this goes on as they really only get what they get soon after the product launch.

Only the Apple stores get priority leaving everyone else frustrated and left with nowhere to post but on forums like these. Sure O2 should put better systems in place to minimise the aggro that is caused by demand exceeding supply especially given that O2 were first in the UK with the original iPhone.

Spare a thought though for the grief the staff at O2 must be experiencing whilst supply is 'deliberately' drip fed to them. This will all be over in a few more weeks and I just hope that lessons will be learned by O2 for the next 'big thing' from Apple or whomever. I can see why many on here are frustrated by what O2 may tell them regarding their order(s) but the staff are time constrained, may not have all the facts or even the right training and O2 do offer other products also. Not making excuses but I wouldnt want to be doing their job right now...

Message 3426 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have no problem with there being a delay in sending the phones due to Apple not supplying enough. What I do have a serious problem with though is O2 sending out the exact same phone that I and others ordered to people who ordered up to 11 days after us..
Message 3427 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
And now my sixth 'important information' email in 24 hours received.
Message 3428 of 4,605

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am enjoying this thread as nothing really seems to change with each iPhone launch. The same is happening at many of the other carriers as well as the Apple retail stores at many of the launch locations (where fights are breaking out as people queue for the latest iPhone).

I ordered a 6+ 128 Gold on 15th September as I had no luck on the 12th. That order is showing as in progress and I did have the firephone text message that many on here have had sometime last week slight_smile I was quoted 6-7 weeks when ordering an upgrade through O2 refresh, so do not feel that I have been over promised by O2 and dont care just so long as it comes when it comes...

Apple is notorious for struggling to meet demand on major product releases (iPad included) and really not surprising when demand is high.

Apple ALWAYS ensures that all their retail stores have stock first before any partners (O2 included). In many cases the stores only get a handful of phones each day depending on the size of the store and location. 

Ever since the original iPhone, there have been queues, frustration and limited supply. The Apple retail stores have queues of scalpers ony interested in buying their 2 phone allocation just so they can get their cut and hand the goods over to the higher ups who will sell on eBay or re-sell the phones elsewhere. 

It has got out of hand since the iPhone was released and every measure Apple puts in place to stop the re-sellers is circumvented...

O2 are screwed when all this goes on as they really only get what they get soon after the product launch.

Only the Apple stores get priority leaving everyone else frustrated and left with nowhere to post but on forums like these. Sure O2 should put better systems in place to minimise the aggro that is caused by demand exceeding supply especially given that O2 were first in the UK with the original iPhone.

Spare a thought though for the grief the staff at O2 must be experiencing whilst supply is 'deliberately' drip fed to them. This will all be over in a few more weeks and I just hope that lessons will be learned by O2 for the next 'big thing' from Apple or whomever. I can see why many on here are frustrated by what O2 may tell them regarding their order(s) but the staff are time constrained, may not have all the facts or even the right training and O2 do offer other products also. Not making excuses but I wouldnt want to be doing their job right now...

....bravo that man!!!! Fantastic

Couldn't have said it better myself!!

Message 3429 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

I completely agree and wouldn't like their jobs right now dealing with so many angry people.  It is however the fault of customer services that many of these people are angry in the first instance.

I can only assume that they are relaing to the customer, what they have been told to relay to the customer.  Its frustrating that they can't all stick to the same story, but as you say, this may be the fault of those higher up who are not breifing their customer services departments..

If they are not being correctly briefed, they should really be honest with the customer and let them know they don't have the information.  I for one could accept that more than be told differing stories every time and keep reading others experiences of varying information from both Live Chat and Customer Services

Oh...  And then there is the issue of those of us that ordered on the 12th, for tha past 7-10 days watch the drip fed stock being allocated out to other people that ordered the same spec device that we are waiting on, despite them ordering at a later date and time

Message 3430 of 4,605