cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6- PreOrder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question regarding the iPhone 6. Will customers due an upgrade for their phone be given priority over pre-orders of the iphone 6?

Message 1 of 4,605
4,604 REPLIES 4,604

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

haha im planning to order online- if o2 dont do the job its carphone warehouse for me!

Soooo you may end up with TWO then @Anonymous ....Lovely LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 241 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
Be careful with CPW.

remember they typically lock out to the 1st SIM card inserted. 😞
Message 242 of 4,605

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
and O2 phones are locked to O2 so if you want freedom you need to go to Apple directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 243 of 4,605

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
and O2 phones are locked to O2 so if you want freedom you need to go to Apple directly.

..I can never justify paying £400+ for a mobile phone directly from Apple.

I know its probably the same cost when bought as part of a monthly contract - but that never seems to feel that I'm paying the same price!!

Message 244 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DinoF wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

haha im planning to order online- if o2 dont do the job its carphone warehouse for me!

.....you'll be lucky to even get online - O2's website will surely crash under the weight of people trying to order online!

I wish you good luck sir..............Destroy

i pre-ordered the 5 from o2- worked perfectly and got it straight on release grin

Message 245 of 4,605

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@DinoF wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

.....you'll be lucky to even get online - O2's website will surely crash under the weight of people trying to order online!

I wish you good luck sir..............Destroy

i pre-ordered the 5 from o2- worked perfectly and got it straight on release grin

..has O2 actually confirmed (sorry - haven't read all 25 pages of this thread!!) yet when preorders will go live (assuming the iPhone 6 is indeed announced next Tuesday!)?

Message 246 of 4,605

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hey DinoF,

I cant confirm anything right now, but we'll be doing so as soon as we can slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 247 of 4,605

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Hey DinoF,

I cant confirm anything right now, but we'll be doing so as soon as we can slight_smile

...no worries @Toby  - I guess nobody knows nothing (!!) until next Tuesday!

Message 248 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @DinoF

I know what your saying about not wanting to pay £400+ direct from Apple , and I understand paying through a Refresh Tariff is less painful ,but it can be on occasion more expensive @ this way too.
Message 249 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with bandofbrothers that it can be sometimes more expensive.

I can remember been on an 18 month contract for a previous model of iPhone. I later wanted the new model, but I had to pay my current contract off, pay an upfront cost for my new iPhone.

When I worked out paying the upfront cost, and the monthly price of my contract, It was a fair bit cheaper going directly to Apple for the iPhone. Also I have the ability to use any sim card in an iPhone purchased directly from Apple too.

I am now on a sim only tariff (costs £9 per month). I purchase my iPhone from Apple and with the sale of my old iPhone (which is usually in a as new condition) I usually have around £200 to put till to buy my new iPhone. I am also saving movey every month too as the sim only tariffs are considerable cheaper than what the tariffs are where you are getting the iPhone supplied.

I've just looked on the O2 shop now and for the same capacity iPhone 5s that I have. To be honest I think the monthly cost vs the upfront cost is really expensive. There are three tariffs on there where the upfront cost of the iPhone is £649 (which is £20 more expensive than it is going direct to Apple for it) and the monthly costs are, £18, £23, £28 per month.

I realise that its not possible for everyone to go directly to Apple for their iPhone. But if you have a relatively new and a really good condition iPhone. Then you might be surprised as to how much you will get for it. iPhone's do hold their value really well. So if you are going on to one of the tariffs where you are paying an upfront cost of £200/£200+ then you might be better off selling your old iPhone and going to Apple for your iPhone and moving on to sim only tariff. 

Message 250 of 4,605