cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Plus preorder...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I preordered the iPhone 6 Plus on Friday. I have received no email from O2 which I found a bit strange 😕 also, on 'My orders' in My O2 it says "In Progress" I just hope I receive the item on Friday! Is anyone else in the same boat?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Unfortunately "common sense and fair" don't always run hand in hand with iPhone launches 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 34

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you browse through the long threads at the time of the last launch it was certainly not a case of first come, first served.

Message 12 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Just chatted to one of the O2 advisors, they stated that the IPhone 6's are dispatched on Friday 12th so people would not get them on Friday via the post, but Saturday and beyond

This sems to contradict what people are saying, my initial thoughts are that the advisor was wrong.

For me it is important as I am recycling my old Iphone and need to send it off by Friday to make sure I get the price promised to me.

I preordered my Iphone 6 on Friday morning so hope I would be in the initial trache of phones going out.

Dont want to set any hares running but there maybe a few disappointed people if he is correct!

Message 13 of 34

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Dont want to set any hares running but there maybe a few disappointed people if he is correct!

There will be many disappointed tbh..... Same every year 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 34

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I'm not sure about the 6 but I preordered the plus and I have been told by multiple advisors that it should be dispatched on the 18th for delivery on the 19th, you'll get an email once it has been dispatched and usually it's the next working day after that or keep checking my O2, I am gonna be majorly p****d off if I don't receive mine on Friday at the end of the day they advertised the pre orders all over twitter and Facebook as "first come, first served" therefore that would mean the first people get theirs first. I had mine preordered by 8:09, as I said in a previous post if you preordered while it stated "delivery from launch date 19th" then I would expect it on the 19th, if it said "delivery 2-3, 3-4 weeks etc. from launch date 19th" then you shouldn't expect to get it
Message 15 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Benlfc

I agree you've completed your order in good faith and going by the info supplied regarding availability.

We know from past experience from Apple Launches stocks will be limited on both models and capacities so I wish you all the best on receiving yours.
Message 16 of 34

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Benlfc wrote:
I am gonna be majorly p****d off if I don't receive mine on Friday

You and thousands of others unfortunately - The forum will be awash with multitudes of similar posts 😞

Currently using:
Message 17 of 34

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

And so it starts...the first I fear of many, many similar posts culminating in major meltdown come Saturday and a mass increase in the prescribing of valium on Monday!

Message 18 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

And as I have said on other threads today O2 quite clearly stated on their iPhone order page

Pre-orders for the iPhone will be dispatched 2-3 weeks after the 19th of September..

This was on the 12th...I suppose it may have changed since then.... if it has I haven't heard..:Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not entirely correct, it did say that later on (much later for 6 rather than 6+) at the begining it stated delivery of the 19th - So there will be a number of people who get theirs on the 19th (ish) and probably a much larger number who get theirs after this date.

Message 20 of 34