cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 - No Service when downstairs in my house but never had this problem with iPhone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded my iPhone from 4 to 6 a few months ago. Since then I have contacted O2 several times as I notice a 'No Service' notice comes on. This is especially noticeable when I am downstairs in my house. Although I live in a low signal area, this never used to happen when I had the iPhone 4. When I see the 'No Service' notice, it means that calls won't connect (go straight to voicemail if incoming call), can't access voice mail and text messages don't transmit.

What has been tried so far as instructed by O2?

Checked signal in the local area and I'm told there are no known issues or significant changes made since I bought the phone.

Changed SIM - no improvement.

Checked that iPhone cover I'm using isn't interferring with signal....anyway, how could it be because only happens ad-hoc and mainly in one place? Removing cover makes no difference.

O2's conclusion is that I should write to Apple to ask for a handset change! That makes no sense either as problem is not happening everywhere or all the time.

I wonder if the change in tariff is having an impact on signal quality but even then how can it be happening more in one place than others?

HELP! Feeling lost on how to fix this as it is so frustrating that it was all ok when I had the iPhone 4 but not the case with what is supposed to be a better phone! Frustrating too with O2 that they are efficient when it comes to making a sale but no as interested at logically folloiwng through to help resolve an issue that follows (especially if the answer isn't obvious). I am feeling passed around from pillar to post and most of the explanations don't stack up! Has anyone else experienced the same and have you found a solution?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup - makes sense! As MI5 advised will turn off 4G to see what happens. If it works better then I have an answer!
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
My iPhone 4 was upgraded to 4 G but I agree there is something about the functionality/tolerance level that probably has changed. Thank you!
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks - will get Tugo
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks - plan to act on all the helpful advice from various replies. Will contact Apple too.
Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122395 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for reporting back @Anonymous It is much appreciated. Particularly if you find a 'fix'...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you - checked and setting are OK. So at least that's something I can rule out. Will try the other advice given too and hopefully by the end of it I will have it sorted!
Message 16 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92930 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you hang on @Anonymous and if you need more help

Message 18 of 18