cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s

Anonymous
Not applicable
Subject
I can't hear the person I'm talking to on normal, I have to use loudspeaker, any ideas anyone?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Press the top sleep wake button and home button together until the apple logo appears and then let go of both buttons. Your iphone will reset.

Also ensure the rocker volume is turned up enough and no case or screen shield is hindering the speakers and the speakers are clean of lint.

Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Possibly a speaker problem? Have you recently used a different case?

Best option would be a visit to an Apple store if you have one local.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Contact your local Apple store if you can't get it working to have your phone checked out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is recommended to make an genius bar appointment via http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ as not to make a wasted journey. Take into account if your iPhone is still under it's 12 month warranty or not. If not they can offer an out of warranty replacement for a fee.

If not check household insurance or bank account mobile phone cover. Excess fees will apply.
Message 5 of 6

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

My sister had this problem when she got the iPhone 5s from me - I always had it on silent and didn't think nothing of the low volume on calls.

We took it to the Apple shop and they said it was the speaker/mic bit at the bottom of the phone and they would replace it.  We went back after an hour to collect it and they said it was still having the same problem after they replaced it so we were given a replacement iPhone no problems slight_smile

I hope you sort it out - please let us know how you get on @Anonymous 

Message 6 of 6