cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok my phone was purchased from o2 in may has now stopped working apple are unable to repair who's responsible for replacing it?? It's faulty not damaged??
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 will repair it but you aren't automatically entitled to a replacement.
Under the terms of the warranty you may also choose to have apple to repair it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You will need to contact O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Why did Apple feel they weren't responsible? They do offer a 1 year warranty.. but arent obligated to replace it....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I wouldn't bother with O2 - I'd go to Apple as long as it is a warrantable defect?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I wouldn't bother with O2 - I'd go to Apple as long as it is a warrantable defect?

I agree....They repaired my son's iPhone in July when it developed a screen lcd fault . no charge to him...and the phone was purchased from Amazon...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As you know, it matters not where purchased from for any item. The customer has the choice of where to take items for warranty repairs, however, if Apple have said, in this case, that it isn't covered by warranty it would suggest accidental damage which would only be covered by insurance.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

What exactly is the damage? You can be certain if Apple won't fix it under the warranty, then o2 definitely won't. 

Message 7 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, did the above advice help you out in the end? Do you have any additional questions? slight_smile

Message 8 of 8