cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 to iPhone 5S Transfer Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a new iPhone 5s replacing my old 5 and I'm having problems syncing it today. I've entered my iCloud account details so it has come up with a list of my latest iPhone back ups - my most recent was today at 10:20AM in preparation for this - however my most recent back ups are greyed out and there is a warning message ' Some iCloud backups and not compatible with the version of iOS (7.1.1) on this iPhone.'

I've tried a May update in desperation to sort this out but that doesn't work and says 'Cannot Restore Backup'. Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Sophie

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Activate the new phone and update it to iOS8, then resync with your backup made earlier.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

If you still have your 5 I suggest updating it to iOS8 then making a fresh backup.

Then update the 5s to iOS8 too so they are both on the same OS version.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply MI5, my 5 is on iOS 8.0.2 currently - is there anyway to go back to iOS 7? If not, can I load this as a new iPhone and then upgrade the software before thensyncing it with my iCloud? So confused!

Thanks again,

Sophie

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Apple help link https://www.apple.com/uk/support/icloud/backup/

If you get stuck in sure an apple genius will help out at your most local Apple Store.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Activate the new phone and update it to iOS8, then resync with your backup made earlier.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5