cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 and O2 wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am having an issue with O2 wifi and IPhone 5 in that the phone will pick up the wifi but when I try to connect it hangs on the login screen. I then have to switch the phone off and on and it then connects this only occurs with O2 wifi (my O2 wifi account shows the iPhone 5 as authorised)

i never had this issue with my iPhone 4

I have reset the wifi via text but it has made no difference

anybody have any ideas?

steve

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

this thread any help? http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/O2-Wifi-amp-iOS-6-Sticks-on-quot-Connecti...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately not

i get tithe login screen wherseethe word the words success then it hungs when I switch the phone off and then on it works 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have this same problem, I am using iPhone 4S and iOS6.
Not sure if its related to iOS6 or a change to wifi but you can work around the issue by turning Data off is Settings.

With Data on the auto-log on tries to load www.apple.com and page just says "success" and you can only press cancel and wifi does not log on.

With data off the auto-log on works correct and loads the o2wifi landing page and the log in and connection to wifi is successful.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, it worked for me to turn celular data off to onnect to BT wifi, hopefully will work to connect to O2 wifi too.

Message 6 of 6