cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 and MMS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Well I'm loving my iPhone 5 but one thing that's really bugging me are MMS message's. Whenever I receive a MMS rather than the phone displaying the pic I get a text from O2 saying I've received a new multimedia message and to view it I have to login to the my messages bit of O2. How can I change it so pics show on the phone?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check your apn settings are correct for the type of data plan you have. See the iphone faq thread for details. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/FAQs-Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad-etc/td...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check your apn settings are correct for the type of data plan you have. See the iphone faq thread for details. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/FAQs-Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad-etc/td...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

You could compare your media settings with the ones displayed here : iPhone Help

Or where MI5 says slight_smile

Samsung S8
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help guys and girls. The first advisor I spoke too on the online chat advised changing my MMS settings, he sent an email and after changing the MMS it was well and truely mucked up. I've incured a 59p charge as a result which tbh I'll not lose any sleep over. MMS then stopped altogether even after a reset so I went back to the online chat and was told my MMS had been disabled due to a technical error...the guy activated it again and said he'd set it up so picture messages appeared on the phone rather than having to login.

Seems okay now.

Message 4 of 4