cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 SERIOUS battery issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I upgraded to iPhone 5 at the beginning of December and was thrilled with it until the last week.

The battery started needing charging 2 - 3 times a day, in the beginning this would get me to 100% but it would drain within 4 hours to flat.

I folllowed all the advice in these forums - turn off location, 3G the diagnostics stuff to O2, and I also deleted a load of Apps that I thought could be draining the battery like Google maps, medication reminders etc etc.

Anyway the long and the short of it is that now my phone managed 20% of charge overnight and being off at the same time. I timed it from the moment I switched on until the battery died at 4 minutes 32 seconds! It dies completely if I unplug it from the charger and the only way to get any charge at all is to charge it with the phone off.

Obviously I need to shout at someone but does anyone know what the problem could be and if there is any solution other than shouting at O2 until they replace it?

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if I haven't explained it very well - I'm not very techy!!

Thanks!

x x x

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ouch. To me it sounds as though the battery is naff. I don't think you'll be able to do anything except have it replaced.

My advise is to book an apple store appointment and get it swapped out.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Book there^^ back up everything before you take it. Also make sure you keep the sim(obviously really but some people don't)

Hope this helps.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ouch. To me it sounds as though the battery is naff. I don't think you'll be able to do anything except have it replaced.

My advise is to book an apple store appointment and get it swapped out.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Book there^^ back up everything before you take it. Also make sure you keep the sim(obviously really but some people don't)

Hope this helps.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for answering so quick!

I kinda thought that might be the case - harumph:smileysad:

x x

Message 3 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
No worries:)

Annoying isn't it:(

I'm currently on my 4th iPhone 5 and my latest one only allows me to use the home button after beating it:(

Pretty sure ill get banned from the apple store soon haha.
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add....

Take your receipt with you just in case and try to steer away from visiting on a weekend or you'll spend a lot of your time trying to get past all the kids !
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
No worries:)

Annoying isn't it:(

I'm currently on my 4th iPhone 5 and my latest one only allows me to use the home button after beating it:(

Pretty sure ill get banned from the apple store soon haha.

4th one? Shouldn't that be telling you somethingSmiley Very Happy maybe you should try a 4s or a sIII

Message 6 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'm waiting on someone to see if they can get me another phone first. Otherwise ill just have to go buy a new one. Thinking z10 at the moment:)
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
I'm waiting on someone to see if they can get me another phone first. Otherwise ill just have to go buy a new one. Thinking z10 at the moment:)

What about waiting for the s4 though

Message 8 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Not a huge fan of samsungs series. S4 might grab my attention but I'm not sure yet.
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta be better than the iPhone 5 though specially with your luckSmiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 19