Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Re: iPhone 5 Price Discrepancies!

So why is the 64GB £26 a month pre-order cheaper than retail when the others are dearer? On the retail site it is £449.99 but I noted yesterday on the pre-order site it was £399.99.
Level 1: Joiner

[ Edited ]

I did notice that and have no idea. The pricing does seem very inconsistent. I can only say what they told me so whether that is the truth is anybodies guess.

Anonymous

I don't no why there is a price difference for existing customers such as myself to upgrade in store. I want to get the 32gb version on £26 contract and the price is £299 online and £360 in store..... im not too fussed whether i get it on launch day or not but i dont want to pay an extra £60 for being a loyal customer.

Im wondering whether o2 would release more stock online on launch day at the preorder price or would it be completely different and more expensive??
Anonymous

When the pre-orders started, on the Carphone Warehouse website, they were the same as O2's, i.e the £31 pm 1GB data 16gb handset was £199.99. I've just re-looked and they've changed to reflect the lower pricing that is shown on the O2 'Retail Stores' lists!! So the exact same contracts are cheaper with Carphone Warehouse than they are with O2 now.

When i pre-ordered the phone, it said the stock was being fulfilled by Carphone Warehouse. So I have now paid £40 more with O2 than I would have done with the Carphone Warehouse, and my order is actually being dealt with by... the Carphone Warehouse!! 

What's with that?? I need an O2 representative to clear this up...

Anonymous

Just to update you all from my own post yesterday - I have very politely emailed complaintreviewservice@o2.com now in light of everyone having been told different things and now what has come to light as far as CPW prices being cheaper on their own site. I asked for the official explanation and whether anything can be done to help / compensate anyone who has seemingly been overcharged for pre-ordering. I posted the link to this thread and asked them to read through it. 

The theory that the extra charges are for CPW processing pre-orders on O2's behalf doesn't really hold up now in my eyes since CPW themselves have lowered their prices...... but we shall see what they say.

On this page it does state they aim to respond within 5 working days:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

However - the automated response I got says within 14!!

Thanks for your email. We’ll get in touch to discuss it within fourteen days.

If you’d rather talk to us sooner, our Complaints Support Team are ready to web chat to you.

Just click the button below to start.

image001.jpg

They’re available every day, 8.30am till 10pm.

Kind regards

Complaint Review Service

This electronic message contains information from Telefonica UK or Telefonica Europe which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email.

Switchboard: +44 (0)113 272 2000unknown.png

Email: feedback@o2.com

I will post when I hear back from them anyway!

Anonymous

Great! Let's hope you can get a reply this way. So many methods of communicating with them, and yet none of them can give you an answer to this question...

Anonymous

Has Anyone got any further with this?

I was over charged for my pre-order of a 64GB on the 24 x £41... charged £249.99 instead of £209.99

To add insult to injury my girlfriend was overcharged in Carphone Warehouse on the 32GB 24 x 31 .... Charged £269.99 instead of £249.99.

What on earth is going on?  

Level 4: Observant

@Anonymous wrote:

Orange are doing it cheaper and so are vodaphone both with 2gb data. It angers me that ive been with o2 over 10 years,yet i can walk straight into a better deal with a rival company

eg 02 £41pm 1gb 49.99 phone

voda £ 42pm 2gb 49.99 phone

orange £41 pm 2gb 29.99 phone

but do you use 2gb of data  - honestly - I would say I am a heavy user and i only use 200 - 300mb per month, check your bills

Anonymous

There are several routes to obtain the iPhone, some of which are charging different prices.

If you don't want to pay the higher price, go via the cheaper route.

Simple, surely?

Anonymous

I'm really annoyed about this, why should I pay O2 more just so they get their phones sooner by using CPW? £40 more than in store?? Insulting.

Buying online is meant to be cheaper.