cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 - Power Button Faulty(?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi o2 community!

I’m sure this question has been asked many times but I can’t seem to find anything that has helped me, so here I am.

Basically I have an iPhone 5 on contract with o2 and it seems that my power button (button at the top of the phone) has stopped working correctly, I now have to hold it with extreme force to use it for anything. It also makes a sound as if something is shaking inside the phone next to the button. Is there anything I can do to fix it or get it repaired?

Also I am paying for o2 premium for the iPhone from o2. So do I take it to Apple or O2?

Can anyone provide some help please?

Thanks Josh

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well O2 will send it for repair whereas Apple may well just swap it for a new one.

If you use the Apple route don't forget to tell O2 Insurance that it has been replaced.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well O2 will send it for repair whereas Apple may well just swap it for a new one.

If you use the Apple route don't forget to tell O2 Insurance that it has been replaced.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
The shaking noise you can hear is most likely the camera housing.

If you google you will find more information on that.

If the button is faulty then as said circumvent 02 and make an appointment at your most local apple store Genius Bar. This can be done online via apples website.
Message 3 of 3