cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 - No Sound unless using headphones

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I've recently noticed (shortly after upgrading to ios8 but can't be sure the two are linked) that my phone no longer plays any sound from it's internal speakers. I have checked the volume, mute switch, rebooted (switching on and off as well as holding home and lock button), restored, cleaned the connectors out but still nothing. My phone is now 14 months old so I assume a warrenty fix won't happen. Can anyone help with any other suggestions?

Thanks in advnace.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

It seems a number of people are experiencing this problem after updating to ios 8. Whether your problem relates tto this I don't know but it does seem coincidental.

Personally I would make an appointment at the Apple store to get it checked out. Hopefully Apple will release an update soon.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Try

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset all Settings.

And.

Settings -> Music -> Sound Check off. And volume limit off (This may not be the cause as it relates to the music feature. )

Although your 12 months is up still check household contents insurance and bank account cover.

Apple would swap the phone out for you but at a cost.

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iphone
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you BoB, I have checked those things and theyre both off already. I may pop in to Apple though. slight_smile

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Twinklea

You're Welcome.

Worth a shot.

I'm sure the guys at the Genius Bar will help as much as they can.

Let us know how you get on please.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Have you tried restoring the phone through iTunes?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

If a restore doesn't work it's looking like the Aple store is your best option. Hope you get this sorted quickly.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

got exactly the same , and although this trick works with i phone 5 the iphone 6 doesnt , i think its a software prooblem but im getting replacement for this problem i advise you do the same thing 

Message 8 of 8