cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 No Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded to the iphone 5, did the sim swap but get no service, I spoke to customer services and they said it had gone through but could take up to 24 hours and to be patient.  It's now been over 2 days, I've restarted and reset the network settings countless times and the 5 times I called customer services today, after getting through the automated messages, it rings once before another automated message tells me the lines are busy then cuts me off

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the swim swap yesterday in the apple shop when i picked up my ip5.

This was at around 5pm.

Speaking to 02 chat today im told its processing but can take up to 24 hours which is the usual bog standard reply.

02's recent outage has caused issues too.

Perhaps you could talk to them about picking up another nano sim and trying again or visit your local 02 shop and speak to a guru.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Everyone is having a 'mare! No actual answers other than to 'just wait'.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Sim-Swap-not-succeed-after-24-hrs/td-p/32...
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been having the same problem as you! I text to sim swap on Friday evening and its been 2days now! I visited the 02 shop, the advisor was no help at all!! I then called O2 customer service, to be told to wait until 8, if no service - call back..when I did, the call centre was closed! I called back today to be told to keep switching phone on and off and I've been doing this almost every 1.5 hrs but absolutely nothing! I'm annoyed that they are not addressing the problem! Just as you, I can't make calls/ send texts! hopefully they will solve this soon! 😞
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm lucky to still have my iPhone 4S still fully connected to 02's network

Sim swap performed online Sat 13/10 and no service is displayed on my iPhone 5.

On balance tho when I did the sim swap last time a few months ago I was up and running within an hour.

Just spike to CS and they confirm the sim swap is in processing.

Patience certainly is a virtue
Message 5 of 5