Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Re: iPhone 5 Nano Sim

Only reason for my panic is I am going to the US on Sunday and want to get sorted before then, plus my computer is in dock so will have to come into work to sort everything out Smiley Indifferent

Anonymous

Hm yea, I can imagine. There will be a lot more info going up today, if I understand it correctly, so it's probably best to wait for that.
Anonymous

i can confirm via apple over the phone that a sim card will not be shipped with the phone and you will have to get intouch with 02 or vist there shop.He did say that thay wont be avlible until launch day 21st. lets hope we can get a new sim before 21st  

Anonymous

Has O2 confirmed there will be no charge for the nano SIM ?

Texy

Level 3: Thinker

Other networks such as 3 have already started giving out nano sims.

I O2 dont charge!
Anonymous

Assuming I can get hold of a nano SIM from O2 before my iPhone 5 arrives from Apple, is there a reason why I shouldn't do the SIM transfer straightaway and use the nano SIM in my 4S, with the adapter, until the iPhone 5 arrives?
It would avoid a frustrating wait for the transfer to happen if I leave it until after the new phone arrives.
Level 3: Thinker

That would be the ideal plan.

Anonymous

should be able to transfer beforehand and then stick the new sim in when your phone arrives.

on a seperate note why are customers made to rely on forums for answers from fellow customers instead of getting straight answers from staff?

Anonymous

well ive been told by 02 that nano sims wont be avalible until launch day. but i do get the feeling no one knows there ass from there head right now regarding info

Anonymous

'There will be a lot more info going up today, if I understand it correctly, so it's probably best to wait for that.'

mmmm??

Or...pre-order from Apple Online or Orange - two companies who both managed to pull their fingers out before 9am this morning and did brisk business. My question is do I get a nano sim from 02 or Orange...Orange  I think.