Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Re: iPhone 5 Nano Sim

I spoke to an online advisor yesterday, I was told that they will be in store from next Friday.  Apple told me I can get a pay as you go one from them, and I assume you can use the register sim link on the o2 website to change it over?? or would that be too straight forward.  I will double check with the guy I spoke to at Apple yesterday that these will be sent with the phone.

Anonymous

I have had a conversation with them online.

From what I was told you can collect a nano sim from an O2 store on friday if you have pre ordered from Apple like I have.

Then you need to use the link that everyone is posting to swim your sim details over.

If you hadn't pre ordered and walked into the apple store they would give you a nano sim on the network that you are currently on and you then do the above sim swap as well.

It is a shame that they cannot pre issue the sim so at least we could be swapping the info and also when the phone arrives on Friday we can use them instead of having to go out and pick up a sim and then swap.

Just a shame O2 are not switched on enough when it comes to iphone at times. If you believe what you read in the papers Vodafone have 500,000 sims wonder if they can get them earlier....

Anonymous

the new sims should already be in store but they've probably been told not to say anything. when micro sims came out most people managed to get them before their phones arrived so probably early next week can pick them up. Just guessing though!

Anonymous

Well it's 11:47 and you still can't pre-order the iPhone5 or the nano sim from O2 online.

This morning at 08:45 I had a choice of buying from Apple online or Orange who are taking pre-orders.

Why can't O2 organise themselves? I bought my iPhone 5 from Apple....I would have bought from O2 direct with a nano sim if they had pulled their fingers out; lost sale to O2! Now I'm waiting to get hold of an O2 nano sim...again if they don't pull their fingers out I'll go elsewhere; lost customer to O2!

Anonymous

Just had a chat with an Apple rep and what they have said is you can pop into an apple store on the delivery day (so let's say next friday) to pick-up a pay as you go nano-sim

From there, you can then do the sim-swap from O2 website

Anonymous

Come on O2, get this sorted out, how do people purchasing from Apple's website get a nano sim?

Come on this is disgraceful been this disorganized.
Anonymous

If you pick up a PAYG sim I'm assuming that you cannot swap your pay monthly contract onto it though

Anonymous

Fatboy, I've just asked Abs. He said you won't be able to get them from Apple and will have to get the from our stores. They'll be available just before launch date.
Anonymous

Just before, does that mean Thursday if you take a receipt of the order placed with Apple?

Anonymous

I'm not sure, Kaz. Once all info is up on the website, I'm sure it'll be clear.