Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: iPhone 5 Nano Sim

Phone up customer services & they will arrange for you think it take 24-48hrs to swap them over if I remeber rightly. I will b doing the same as been PAYG to contract & now going bck to PAYG!! 

Well I'm getting no where ordering a nano sim so going to get one later this avo as phones up 3 times & got told 3 times go to store Smiley Sad waste of petrol as both stores are nxt town so 20 odd miles out my way!! Smiley Sad 

Just need my phone now to use it. How are people activating them? Are they using there 4/4s? 

Then got the joys of getting out my simplicity monthly contract & bck to PAYG!  

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have ordered an iPhone 5 directly from Apple too. I have been in to my local store and called them twice, they do not have nano sims and they said even if they did I cannot have one unless I am getting a phone from them and to go back 'some time after the launch'. I have spoken to Customer Services and they say that they won't take orders until Saturday. This is driving me mad, why is it so hard to send me a nano sim!?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Oh and I requested one through the online chat with the guru's too and was told I was wrong and they cannot order them! Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Ordered an iPhone through apple waiting on delivery......  It's my first change in mobile from original iPhone that had older style of sim card.  Can I keep my original number?  How would I go about doing that if poss when I manage to get one of these nano sims?

Yes you can keep your same number. You need to get a new nano sim from an O2 shop. Inside you will find details on how to swap your account from your old sim, to the new one.

I found the text service to be the easiest way Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yay just got mine from Bridgwater 02 that's me ready just need the phone now Smiley Wink

I assume I can't activate this in my 4?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Minimad13 I have received my nano sim today. Put in adapter. Tet message sim swap... 3 messages. About 30 seconds later all up and running an in use in my 4s

Highlighted
Anonymous

Having abit of an issue with sim swap..

Did it by text as everyone seemed to think this was faster..

Waited for the old micro sim to stop working, put my nano in the converter and tried using that but it says invalid sim or no service :/ this was about an hour ago and still nothing.. I thought that once the old sim stopped working this meant the swap had take place?

Anyone?

Cheers

Highlighted
Anonymous

Try turning your phone off (hold down off and on switches till apple appears). Maybe also remove sim and reinsert. 

Couldn't get a sim on Oxford St on Tuesday night (they had more stock coming in at 10 the next day though) but picked one up in East Ham last night.  Okay the first guy said they didn't have them but another said yes, they had arrived not long ago. 

Did the sim swap tonight by text, took maybe two minutes from start to finish, impressed with that.

Now just got to convince myself to get up at an ungodly hour tomorrow, catch the first tube  and get to my work area and queue.  The nearer the front of the queue I am the earlier I get to the office so the less extra time to do in the evening to make up for lateness.  Mind you I guess not a lot of work will be done if I do get the phone as everyone will want to play with it. 

Hope everyone gets their deliveries on time or gets what they want in store.

Highlighted
Anonymous

unfortunatly turning it off/on, removing sim etc is not working.. 

i'm hoping that maybe it's the sim adaptor.. if it works tomorrow with the iPhone 5 then all is well, but i fear this will probably not be the case.. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

i should add that i called o2 and they told me the sim swap was complete.. Smiley Sad scratchin my head as to what this might be tbh..