Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Level 1: Joiner

Re: iPhone 5 Nano Sim

just been to o2 store in dewsbury 6 staff not one knew anyhting about a nano sim, suddenly a spotty oik appeared oh yes we have some demos upstairs but I dont know how they are to be distributed.
Topics: 292
Kudos: 1,844
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

o2 just tweeted this

O2 in the UK @O2

Need a nano sim? Buy iPhone 5 from O2 and it’s included. Buying elsewhere? O2 stores will have them from launch day too

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

O2 just tweeted the following about nano sims:

Need a nano sim? Buy iPhone 5 from O2 and it’s included. Buying elsewhere? O2 stores will have them from launch day too.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
Fatboy, I've just asked Abs. He said you won't be able to get them from Apple and will have to get the from our stores. They'll be available just before launch date.

Thanks Leonard for the help.

Ive been into my local carphone warehouse, I was told that they have them, but they are keeping them for upgrading customers.

I then went into my local O2 store and was told that they are expecting them in before the 21st. I'll probably try earlier next week again and every day till the 21st.

Leonard,

Do you know if customers who have pre ordered off of Apple's website, will need to take anything with them to the O2 store, to prove that they are eligable for a nano sim. Just basically so we can take all the necessary stuff, rather than it been a wasted journey?

Anonymous

I've been told by an O2 store that the only sims they have are for the iPhones they sell. Called CS and was told "word of mouth" is that they will have some to send out next week. But, when next week? I pre ordered my iPhone 5 from Apple (at precisely 8.06am!) this morning Smiley Happy

Anonymous

sanlougov you won't get your new iphone before next friday so please chill out - nano sims will be available in o2 stores on friday (according to o2 tweets today) and they may be available online before then (not confirmed, just a hunch).

Anonymous

I know perfectly well when my new iPhone will be delivered thank you very much, there's no need to be patronising.

What I'm trying to say is it would be nice if O2 would allow existing contract holders to order the sim so that it arrives by Friday.

I for one shall vote with my feet if I haven't got a sim by launch day.
Anonymous

Hmmm the ideal situation would be for O2 customers who have proof of pre-ordering (copy of the order email from Apple) to be able get the nano-sim early next week and so be in a position to do the changeover.

This has the double benefit of avoiding the inconvenience of queues on the launch day and of lessening the inevitable system meltdown while millions try to do the changeover next Friday.

Like the OP I have an Apple-bought iPhone 4S with an O2 simplicity sim. I have no intention or need to buy from O2. The unanswered question is what does the nano-sim look like? Is it a cut-out sim within a sim within a sim? If so the pre-collection makes sense; if not then we're all forced to follow the herd on Fri 21 Sept.

<smug expression> I successfully pre-ordered my black 64GB iPhone 5 from the Apple Store at 0815 this morning... </smug expression>
Anonymous

The nano sim is thinner as well as smaller so it's not a case of cutting to size... we need the nano sim!
Anonymous

Incidentally, I'm not a newbie - I had to re-register because this forum has changed and it wouldn't let me log on with my old handle (voxish).