Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

iPhone 4 lock button?

about 2-3 weeks ago my lock button on my iPhone 4 (Which i got in Dec. 2010) stopped working. It doesn't register the press at all. Since my contract ends in Dec this year I thought I could put up with keeping it on 24/7, charging nightly and letting it auto-lock, but it's driving me round the bend now.

So, If i take it down to the o2 shop in the local town what are they likely to tell me?

Level 44: Clearly Talented

Re: iPhone 4 lock button?

Probally to claim on your insurance. Unless you fancy buying out of your contract for the 5?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Level 44: Clearly Talented

Have you changed the time it takes to auto lock?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

about 2-3 weeks ago my lock button on my iPhone 4 (Which i got in Dec. 2010) stopped working. It doesn't register the press at all. Since my contract ends in Dec this year I thought I could put up with keeping it on 24/7, charging nightly and letting it auto-lock, but it's driving me round the bend now.

So, If i take it down to the o2 shop in the local town what are they likely to tell me?

You may have better luck dealing direct with Apple.  They have been know to replace defective phones that are out of the warranty period.

Maybe book a genius appointment and see what they have to say

Highlighted
Topics: 292
Kudos: 1,844
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

it is out of apple warranty and o2 will not repair as they will say it was not a manufacturing fault.

If you go to apple they will sell you an out of warranty replacement for £119 http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iphone

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services