cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 can receive txt but won't send

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently updated my phone and decided to keep the iPhone 4 as spare on pay and go, it was on contract before. Have reset to factory settings and then updated including IOS 7. Works fine as a phone and receives txts OK but trying to reply to txts just says "Not Delivered". When comparing settings/Messages I notice that send and receive has the email account only and does not show up the mobile phone number, furthermore the IMessage just shows waiting for activation. Completely reset the phone 4 times now but the result is the same: phone works, wifi works, safari works and it receives txts but despite playing various combinations it will not txt.   Has anyone run into this problem? if so was it solved, would welcome any advice

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
slight_smile
Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149629 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
"Oh, God. Fortune vomits on my eiderdown once more." slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 12