cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 3GS switches itself off. new one and it does the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My previous iPhone 3GS switched itself off and I thought it was a fault with the phone. When I changed my phone at the end of the contract, I got another 3GS, because I liked it and blow me down, it does the same!!! Somehow, I don't think it's the phone rather a software issue which has migrated from my old phone to my new one. any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest it sounds like one of the apps might be causing the problem. Get rid of any that you don't really need, I used to have loads just for show!

If the problem persists try a full restore in itunes and the ultimate solution is an appointment at your nearest Apple store where the phone will be replaced if faulty.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest it sounds like one of the apps might be causing the problem. Get rid of any that you don't really need, I used to have loads just for show!

If the problem persists try a full restore in itunes and the ultimate solution is an appointment at your nearest Apple store where the phone will be replaced if faulty.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could set it up as a new iPhone thro a restore and not from your back up to see if that's causing an issue.

What iOS version are you using.

Reason I ask is that some 3GS users have talked about their handset struggling with new iOS updates.
Message 3 of 3