Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 13 not restoring

JackieO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a new handset. Phone 13 pro. To cut a long story short, I have now had 2 e sims loaded with O2’s help. Many hours on phone to Apple and O2. Apps

will not fully restore, some I can reload

manually, many I can’t. Phone settings thinks it’s connected to WiFi  but no symbol on handset. Other devices on same

network are fine. Phone makes and receives calls, but internet based stuff isn’t playing.. I have 4g showing. Any suggestions please? Can’t revisit store as travelled abroad. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@JackieO 

WiFi is nothing to do with O2 so this is clearly a phone fault.

You need to get it replaced or repaired.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@JackieO 

WiFi is nothing to do with O2 so this is clearly a phone fault.

You need to get it replaced or repaired.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

JackieO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update on this issue, after hours on o2 and apple support calls, it turns out that the new iPhone 13 doesn't like having a VPN installed. We removed the VPN and bingo - the wifi connected... May be useful info for anyone purchasing a 13..

Message 3 of 3