Did you mean: 

iPhone 13 WiFi Calling Issue

RichB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afternoon all,

Wondered if anyone had an advice on how to get WiFi calling working on an iPhone 13 Mini?

When I try to enable it I get a pop up that reads "To allow WiFi calling on this account, contact O2".

I've reset the network on the handset, tried connecting to a different WiFi signal, restarted the phone, ejected the sim, have updated to the most recent operating system, have looked online at my O2 account to confirm that WiFi and 4G calling is enabled (it is), have checked my visual voicemail is working as I've seen this mentioned on other threads (it is), I've spoken to customer services where they did a network reset and have confirmed the iData bolt on is enabled, and I've also put the sim in an old iPhone 6s and I get the same pop up.

Customer services seem as baffled as I am about this, any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Rich

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

My first thought was it wasn't enabled on your account, but if you can see it in My o2 then it should be ok @RichB.

You might need to get them to switch it of for 24 hours before getting them to add it back to your account (a bit like turning your phone off and on again).

We can ask the community guru to check if everything is ok in the back ground. @O2Georgina @O2Emma can you check all is ok from what you can see?

I'll tag @MI5 in the hope he can think of anything else.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

It still needs to be enabled on your account by O2.

Just having iData isn't enough.

Judging by the limited abilities of customer services these days I'm not surprised though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

RichB
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey @gmarkj thanks for getting back.

We did try the turning off for 24 hours and sadly it did nothing. Might have to try it again as everyone who I've spoken to at O2 customer service can't work out why it's doing this.

This is proving a real head scratcher...

Appreciate the suggestion and linking in others though!

Cheers!

Rich

Message 4 of 7

RichB
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey @MI5 thanks for getting back.

I've spoken to a few customer service agents now and the last 3 I did ask if it was enabled and they assured me it was. Might give them another go tomorrow to see if a fresh pair of eyes can have a look.

Cheers!

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@RichB 

As a very last resort they may have to reset your account which means disconnecting you from the network for 24 hours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

GinaMaria
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you ever get this sorted, I have the same problem.

Message 7 of 7