Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12 pro no signal but has signal

Steph4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded to an iphone 12 pro today since doing so and allowing it to upload the info from an iphone 11 pro max which was up to date, both phones which had their own sim cards in don't work. You can phone the sim cards txt them etc but nothing comes up on the iphone I've rebooted them, re-inserted the sims etc etc. I give up because I rang o2 no one had a clue please can someone help me!? All I get is a no signal line constantly.

Steph

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Steph4 

The new 5g would be blank anyway so that you could swap to it from your old sim.

Quite why your old sim is not working is a mystery.

Anyhow, you have no choice now other than calling O2 or popping into your local store.

Numbers to call here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Steph4
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive already been on the phone to 02 and they had no idea, I will have to pop into store. I just wondered if anyone here had any ideas as it seemed strange my old sim wasn't working either, thanks though slight_smile

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Steph4 

I don't see why customer service can't just migrate your number to the new sim and activate it. It's not rocket science !!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Aszrayel
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in the same boat atm. The sim swap process though did state it could take up to 12 hours when they are busy. This being release day I am guessing they are busy. I'll start worrying tomorrow.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Just keep rebooting @Aszrayel 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Aszrayel
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cheers @MI5 grin
Message 7 of 7