Did you mean: 

iOS11.1.1 - Frozen Iphone Screen

mavericke
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear all,

Despite updating the firwmare to iOS11.1.1, I am still experiencing frozen/unresponsive screen on my ipohone 8 plus. This is more common when I am trying to disable Airplane mode after a long period (e.g. 5 hours). Anyone having this problem?

I do understand that some users has experienced frozen/responsive screen on some iphone x which Apple has since acknowledged. However, I have yet to see Apple come across reports of a frozen/unresponsive screen in the iphone 8/8 plus.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@mavericke You're more likely to get an answer to your query by asking Apple tech support directly.

Edit: I qualify my reply by saying that @MI5 knows a great deal about iPhones, but if it's an OS update then Apple is the horse's mouth.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I'm sure they'll fix it with yet another update!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@mavericke You're more likely to get an answer to your query by asking Apple tech support directly.

Edit: I qualify my reply by saying that @MI5 knows a great deal about iPhones, but if it's an OS update then Apple is the horse's mouth.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5@Bambino

Thank you both.

I have sent a bug feedback report to Apple. I am just waiting patiently for them to take note of my query. Hopefully they will come up with a solution for other models as well. This frozen/unresposiveness screen is not just affecting some iphone x users though... In my case, I feel that the screen has started to freeze when I've updated the firmware from iOS10.3.3. to iOS11. 

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
There have been known issues with the 8 & 8+ connected to iOS 11
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@maverickeThere are plenty of reports about the frozen screen re iPhone 8's on the Apple Community

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8085462?start=0&tstart=0

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6