Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9 Beta 1

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

So... i've been trialing the latest iOS version since it was released to developers after WWDC and thought this might be a good place to share results and feedback (as well as direct to Apple of course).

The good:

• No major defects present in the build, it is certainly one of the better beta builds from Apple
  • Siri's ability to set reminders based on location is a welcome addition (a-la Cortana)
  • Apple Maps 'whats around you' is quite usefult too, shows you places to eat, visit, fuel up etc
  • Power save (not that I can test this (see the bad))

The bad:

• Battery life is currently aweful (as to be expected from a beta since tune-ups are usually towards the tail end of development before the gold builds)
  • The home button seams to be erronious, occationally you will have to press it a couple of times before the screen will come on
  • Apple touch ID for purchases is tempromental, works fine for some, then not for others, and when it doesn't work you have to disable it and use the password function
  • Not a big fan of the new font, it is more squashed in height and spread out than the other font
  • Charging time via USB seams to be quite slow comared to iOS 8.3

Would be interesting to see how any other users are finding it?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Interestingly, I read the iP5 will be the oldest iPhone capable of running iOS9 which means the 4s becomes obsolete....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

....and you can't even flash a custom rom! Jailbreak maybe? Not good though....

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 you are correct, each year when the new iOS is released & a new iPhone comes along, they drop support for the oldest of the devices still available as the new OS wouldn't cope on that particular phones specs or won't have the availability to use the new features
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Millions of 4s owners will be very unhappy I guess.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
They almost certainly will buy newer iPhones just to get the latest iOS
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I know at least one who won't and I suspect many others won't either.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not. I'll upgrade next year when I'm supposed to not just because it's a new iOS update
Message 9 of 13

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

The iPhone 4s is included in the iOS 9 release schedule, though it will be interesting to hear how it performs on the older devices.

Given most of the release is about refinement including a reduction in the space required to install I can see iOS 9 running nicely on a 4s.

Message 10 of 13