cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 7 - Voicemail not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since upgrading to iOS7 my iPhone 5's voicemail system has ceased to function.  The O2 Gurus were no help whatsoever and the customer service line is 'busy'.  Anyone else had the same problem?

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've spent a bit of time speaking to O2 CS and it seems that voice mail 901 and visual voice mail both work fine I leave wifi switched off!!! Hardly a solution but at least I know what's causing the problem in my case.  To me this points to a problem with the APN on wifi but what do I know!

BTW before identifying wifi as the culprit I did uninstall and delete TuGo but it didn't work for me.  But just to be safe, I've not reinstalled.

Doesn't anyone test new software before it's released; I would have though that the phone functions on a smartphone were pretty fundamental and would have been at the top of the testing checklist.

Message 21 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for re posting with your findings.

Take care.
Message 22 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! This worked for me.

Message 23 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure why but turning off wifi whilst working with voicemail fixes the issue.

Message 24 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Not had this my self just tested on my 4s and was ok

Have you turned voice mail off 1760 and back on 1750.

In the faq section and useful links ther was a procedure that helped others.

this tip

Troubles with Visual Voice mail not saving passcode try (source the forums)
Call 1760 to de-activate your voicemail
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings (No need to reset all settings).
This will Then re-start the phone.
Text "STATE" to 9011 (I don't know why or what this does?)
Call 1750 to re-activate your voicemail

Edit typo

I have had same issues with voicemail intermittently working,

I've tried the usual resets problem keeps recurring,

also having other issues with Iphone 5 IOs7, anybody have any advice

thanks

Message 25 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tks for that

Worked for me too. A suitably bizarre solution

turned off wifi ...... deleted a voicemail ......... and now visual works just fine

Message 26 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant! It worked for me. Had called O2 about it, but that didnt fix the problem, but the steps suggested above have. Thanks

Message 27 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had exactly the same problem as others - and none of the fixes mentioned here worked for me (I've never had TuGo installed on my iPhone 5).

It's not a complete fix but more of a workaround - rather than switching voicemail on and off just double click on the home button and close down the phone app (by swiping up on iOS7). Restart the phone "app" and visual voicemail seems to be working again (on 3G and wifi).

Hope it helps.....maybe one day it will work properly......

Message 28 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I had this problem and the solution is simple.

So simple I did not recognise it as valid - But it works.

Double clikc the home button and close the phone app and reopen it.

It worked for me...

Message 29 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent - thank you. That worked for me, after a fruitless 50 mins with a Guru who suggested just about everything without success, and ended up advising me to go to an O2 shop. I didn't need to do the text part of the solution, just the other steps.

Message 30 of 44