cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 7 Battery Saving Tips.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys and Gals,

The new iOS7 introduces some new and exciting features but this can come hand in hand with extra strain on your iPhones battery, which could impact on your standby and usage times.

Here are a few ideas I have come across that may help.

Feel free to add your own tips.

Battery saving Tips for iOS 7.

Turn off or tweak Background App Refresh.

Settings > Background App Refresh > Toggle all off or choose the ones you don't need. Personally I've left the weather option on only.

Airdrop.

iOS 7 introduces AirDrop to the iPhone for the first time, but even if you find yourself using the handy Dropbox-style feature from time to time, you should be turning it off when you don't need it via the Control Centre.

Don't use Parallax Wallpaper and Dynamic Wallpapers.

Reduce Motion

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion.

Stop iOS 7 tracking where you visit.

OS 7 keeps a track on where you go, allowing it to cache relevant nearby data. After you have used iOS 7 for a bit, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services, to view a list of where you've been most. If you are concerned then you can turn this feature off in the same place.

Turn off Siri raise to speak feature.

The usual tips of turning the Screen Brightness down, turn off Bluetooth, Set e mail to fetch instead of push, Double click your home button and kill running Apps, Turn off Diagnostics and Usage, location-based iAds Via Settings > Privacy >Location Services, go to bottom to System Services ,and turn off what you don't need.

Turn off stock notifications such as Stocks, Settings,Notification Centre,Stocks and say No.

Location Services.

Turn off location services for any unnecessary apps.

Settings > Privacy > Location Services.

Limit Add Tracking.

Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Turn off Limit Add Tracking.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, BoB! Never seen my battery dropping so quickly, time to follow the tips slight_smile

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, BoB! Never seen my battery dropping so quickly, time to follow the tips slight_smile

You're Welcome.

My battery takes a massive hit due to having my e mail sent to push  slight_frown

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Compared to other platforms the iPhone never had good battery life. The new features will obviously drain more from the battery as will 4G when it finally arrives. But, it's something you have to accept if you want your phone to function as designed. No point turning everything off as you may as well just buy a Nokia 3310......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree MI5 so the tips i mention dont really affect the general working of the phone just some of the eye candy.

Ive followed a few threads from our friends across the pond who some say Lte/4G is a battery drain monster.  Time will tell.

I achieve 1 days usage out of my iPhone 5 with iOS6 and now iOS7 so happy days.

Message 5 of 5