Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Re: iOS 11.3 now available

[ Edited ]

Before 11.3 the saved username and saved passwords appeared in the appropriate boxes as soon as the page loaded. now they don’t. The boxes are empty. You have to click in the box. The saved password prompt appears just above the keyboard and you have to click it to put in the box.. then click log in etc

Topics: 108
Kudos: 1,709
Solutions: 534

@Anonymouswrote:

Before 11.3 the saved username and saved passwords appeared in the appropriate boxes as soon as the page loaded. now they don’t. The boxes are empty. You have to click in the box. The saved password prompt appears just above the keyboard and you have to click it to put in the box.. then click log in etc

Yes that is right. 

iPhone XR 64GB
Anonymous

@lovemyphonewrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Yes that is right. 

But I can’t see why its changed.. it’s not making it any more secure.. just adding a few more annoying key presses.. any ideas? 

@Anonymouswrote:

@lovemyphonewrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Yes that is right. 

But I can’t see why its changed.. it’s not making it any more secure.. just adding a few more annoying key presses.. any ideas? 

Just Apple being Apple I think & trying to make something look new when it isn’t 

iPhone XR 64GB
Level 1: Joiner

It’s a new security feature in Safari that, basically, prevents sites from obtaining your username & password using hidden forms. All browsers will probably do this eventually.
Anonymous

How does not automatically placing your details in there stop them from obtaining your details when you put them in there with several more annoying button clicks @dlt1972 ?

@Anonymouswrote:

How does not automatically placing your details in there stop them from obtaining your details when you put them in there with several more annoying button clicks @dlt1972 ?

I was thinking the same as you @Anonymous 

iPhone XR 64GB
Highlighted
Anonymous

So it doesn’t happen on the log in screen.. it happens on other pages.. so once I’ve logged in and go to a different page... it can still swipe my details..

So again.. what’s the point?