cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 11.3 now available

Anonymous
Not applicable

The file is 776mb & available to download & install now 

IOS 11.3 introduces new features including ARKit 1.5 with support for more immersive augmented reality experiences, iPhone Battery Health (Beta), new Animoji for iPhone X users, and more. This update also includes stability improvements and bug fixes. Also updated iCloud t&c

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before 11.3 the saved username and saved passwords appeared in the appropriate boxes as soon as the page loaded. now they don’t. The boxes are empty. You have to click in the box. The saved password prompt appears just above the keyboard and you have to click it to put in the box.. then click log in etc

Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Before 11.3 the saved username and saved passwords appeared in the appropriate boxes as soon as the page loaded. now they don’t. The boxes are empty. You have to click in the box. The saved password prompt appears just above the keyboard and you have to click it to put in the box.. then click log in etc

Yes that is right. 

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Yes that is right. 

But I can’t see why its changed.. it’s not making it any more secure.. just adding a few more annoying key presses.. any ideas? 

Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Yes that is right. 

But I can’t see why its changed.. it’s not making it any more secure.. just adding a few more annoying key presses.. any ideas? 

Just Apple being Apple I think & trying to make something look new when it isn’t 

Message 14 of 19

dlt1972
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s a new security feature in Safari that, basically, prevents sites from obtaining your username & password using hidden forms. All browsers will probably do this eventually.
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

How does not automatically placing your details in there stop them from obtaining your details when you put them in there with several more annoying button clicks @dlt1972 ?

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

How does not automatically placing your details in there stop them from obtaining your details when you put them in there with several more annoying button clicks @dlt1972 ?

I was thinking the same as you @Anonymous 

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it doesn’t happen on the log in screen.. it happens on other pages.. so once I’ve logged in and go to a different page... it can still swipe my details..

So again.. what’s the point?
Message 19 of 19