Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage number change

Wezzerm77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tried everything above but im still stuck with my 'new' o2 number in settings and not my ported number.

O2 customer services dont get what im explaining to them and just keep telling my to keep restarting my iphone🤬

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wezzerm77 

It may take upto 24 hours for all services to port over. Restarting your phone a few times helps this process.

Check in Settings >Phone >My Number that you have the correct number showing in there and edit it if not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Wezzerm77 

I will tag @EmilieT  and see if she can be of help

Welcome to the forum by the way..Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi @Wezzerm77,

Have you changed SIM card in the phone and your wanting to change the number for iMessage because of that?
Message 3 of 9

Wezzerm77
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Once my old tesco sim lost service i switched sims.

When i call its using the o2 sim number and not my ported number...

Maybe the number in settings will change and maybe still mid-switch?
Message 4 of 9

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Let me get this right you’ve transferred over your old Tesco number to O2 however the calls and iMessages are going through with the O2 number? If that’s correct and if you haven’t already go into settings on the iPhone, then into phone settings and change the number there to your old Tesco number? Once you’ve done that I would also check the iMessage settings are you signed in with your Apple ID if so I would recommend you sign out and not use your Apple ID and just have your number under the send and receive, do the same with the FaceTime settings to and then restart the phone it can take a little while for the phone to catch up and activate iMessage and FaceTime after doing this but it should eventually before doing all this though just call Tesco/O2 to confirm the switch has gone over
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wezzerm77 

It may take upto 24 hours for all services to port over. Restarting your phone a few times helps this process.

Check in Settings >Phone >My Number that you have the correct number showing in there and edit it if not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Wezzerm77 There's some good advice above, hopefully it helps get everything in order? When did you requets your number to be ported if you don't mind me asking (apologies if you mentioned it, I couldn't see it anywhere)? If it was really recent it might be that it's still in progress, but of course if need be we can get someone on our end to check what's going on for you.

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 9

Wezzerm77
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It was ported today. I eventually sorted it by resetting network settings. I then got a push message saying an update to carrier settings and i accepted. Restarted iphone and all was good. Thank you for your help
Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Wezzerm77 wrote:
It was ported today. I eventually sorted it by resetting network settings. I then got a push message saying an update to carrier settings and i accepted. Restarted iphone and all was good. Thank you for your help

Fantastic news @Wezzerm77, I'm glad it's all sorted now - thanks for coming back and updating us smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9