cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

dropped my 3 gs down the toilet today. is there any chance that it will ever work again. its dead now and wont even charge

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

I've had the same issue before haha it's terrible. I've heard putting it into a sealable bag with dry rice for a while is the safest surest way of it working again.

Don't heat it(residue can form from water impurities)
Don't shake it(can move water/solutes to more delicate components)

Even better if you have any of those little bags of silica you get In new shoes and such item will work just as well.

only problem is that you've tried charging it you may have shorted somthing out:( fingers crossed for you

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

I've had the same issue before haha it's terrible. I've heard putting it into a sealable bag with dry rice for a while is the safest surest way of it working again.

Don't heat it(residue can form from water impurities)
Don't shake it(can move water/solutes to more delicate components)

Even better if you have any of those little bags of silica you get In new shoes and such item will work just as well.

only problem is that you've tried charging it you may have shorted somthing out:( fingers crossed for you

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

First port of call is your insurance if you have it,If you dont Put it in a bag of rice and leave it in there a couple of days it will pull the moisture from your iphone slight_smile

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your home insurance as you may be covered for personal items.

Message 4 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Great suggestion jet:)

Kazzy got any news for us?:) •fingers crossed•
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good suggestion, Jet!
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem is that if the liquid has invaded the internal motherboard of the iphone then oxidising will take place resulting in failings down the line.
Message 7 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I do have a rather detrimental effect on any electronics I get involved with:(
Message 8 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Perhaps someone needs to market a waterproof bag for use with phones in the lav?Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 9