cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i phone 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very disappointed in  o2, no mention of the latest iphone 7 release dates, costs or that it is even happening. O2 deal with mobile phones and todays latest release from I phone 7 is massive, yet you wouldnt even know it had happened if you log onto o2. It seems very lame in this day and age not to have some sort of recognition of the event not displayed on the o2 site within the hour of the release. Its all over the web but not where I would look to to buy my latest phone from.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

RossP81
Level 3: Thinker
  • 43 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is why I'm looking at joining the Apple Upgrade Programme. Same poor performance every year. Last few years am I right in thinking you didn't get prices of Tarrif's until the morning of pre-order ?
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Um you do know that the announcement has only recently finished & o2 won't have all the official marketing ready straight away as pre orders don't start until Friday so give them a chance. It's not even been 2 hours since the announcement yet

Message 3 of 15

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Um you do know that the announcement has only recently finished & o2 won't have all the official marketing ready straight away as pre orders don't start until Friday so give them a chance. It's not even been 2 hours since the announcement yet

Excuses....excuses LOLLOL

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
According to Twitter, O2 is making all the people who pre-ordered last year on refresh wait until the 25th Sept as that was the iPhone release date last year.

So you're paying for refresh all year to be able to get the new phone when it comes out, only to be told to wait. Meanwhile when the 25th arrives, everything will be on back order. Shocking customer experience, O2!
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think one should rely on information gleaned from Twitter.

And come on guys, Tim's voice has barely stopped echoing in my ears. Give em a chance.
Message 6 of 15

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am very disappointed in  o2, no mention of the latest iphone 7 release dates, costs or that it is even happening. O2 deal with mobile phones and todays latest release from I phone 7 is massive, yet you wouldnt even know it had happened if you log onto o2. It seems very lame in this day and age not to have some sort of recognition of the event not displayed on the o2 site within the hour of the release. Its all over the web but not where I would look to to buy my latest phone from.

Its a traditional term known as "a press embargo" i.e. nobody gets to release any information before the official announcement unless they want to lose (in this case) Apple as a supplier. Or indeed as above, they may not have been able to release the info till a set time post announcement.

But we all know the usual story of mad rush to get the latest model, sells out, website crashes, people complain, people complain about the lack of stock, people complain about o2 not being prepared and so on.

Best to wait anyway as there's bound to be an issue with the first models leading to recalls or fixes which is common place these days with high end devices. Besides, there isn't much difference in the price so all the operators know they'll sell regardless how long it takes nor are they in any rush given the relatively long life of an iPhone.

Message 7 of 15

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community! Please take a look at our Community page for the iPhone 7, where we have supplied some device specs as well as a link where you can set yourself to be notified of updates slight_smile

As we get more detailed info on tariffs/orders etc, we shall update here on the community as much as we can too.

What are your thoughts on the new device guys?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 15

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
What a coincidence.....just had an email from JL

http://www.johnlewis.com/beats-by-dr-dre-solo-2-wireless-on-ear-headphones-with-bluetooth-icon-colle...
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 15

fourqtwo
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

It seems to be the same every year with o2, pre orders start tomorrow but there is nothing on the website about cost or tariffs, and no doubt like last year o2 will be charging more than Apple's rrp on refresh iPhone 6s 64gb was £619 from Apple but o2 charged £720 for it £101 more so buying a phone on refresh is hardly interest free.

But, because they offered a tariff that gave a free upgrade next year on o2 I was drawn in but as the release date for the iPhone 7 is the 16th, 9 days earlier than last year o2 customers on the refresh contract loose out on being able to pre order, so as stated by other by the time the 25th arrives there will either be little choice of model or back orders. And of course the 128gb iPhone 7 will have a cost of around £800 + from o2 making the free upgrade next year total cost around £70 + (tariff + phone).

It is important, when your technical equipment is not the best, to believe there will always be a better race; that is a part of my motivation. Ayrton Senna
fourqtwo (formerly cis01 until username became 'inactive')
Message 10 of 15